Senior Software Engineer - Cloud TechnologiesPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 02/05/2019
Job Tite: Senior Software Developer – Cloud Technologies
Location: Plano, Texas
As a Software Developer role The person will be an integral part of Data & Insights Group . To be successful in this role you should have exceptional Technical, leadership and communication skills with multiple years of relevant experience in Cloud Technologies like AWS , Azure or Google cloud . The role includes responsibility for making high level design choices for the cloud architecture, frameworks, protocols, API’s and cloud services. Determines cloud design practices, development tools, and validation requirements.
experience in the cloud technologies like AWS/Azure/Google cloud Platform etc.is a must
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the Role:
- Drive innovation & Research in the area of cloud operations and software engineering .
- Work with senior management and peers to develop practices which lead to the highest quality products and drive transformation change within the cloud
- Develop systems to invest, analyze, and take automated action across real-time feeds of high-volume data
- Evaluate technology being used in the environment and work with architect teams to ensure the best tools for the job are being used
- Work with compliance/security to ensure that cloud adoption is managed / governed in line with industry standards
- Well versed and experience with lambda, Batch , EMR , Athena , Dynamodb , redshift etc
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Developing the AWS environment, including elastic data processing services
- Testing and Operations
- Mentoring other software engineers
- Perform code review on products outside of primary focus
- Strong business acumen and agility within a large, matrixed organization
- Ability to listen, adopt and influence are essentials
- 7+ years of related software engineering experience with cloud technologies
- Proficient knowledge with public cloud services – AWS preferred
- Experience with various coding languages including, but not limited to: C/C++, C#, Python , Scala and Java.
- Experience with technology infrastructure, storage, and virtualization
- Bachelors/Masters in Engineering (preferably in IT or CS)
Shift 1 (United States of America)
HQD1 - US - Plano TX
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.