Senior Software Quality Assurance EngineerPrimary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 05/14/2020
Job Title:Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee is looking for an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer to assist our efforts on delivering quality releases of one of the essential components of FTE Engineering group. The FTE Engineering group provides endpoint security and protection components that are integrated into multiple McAfee products. You will work with other Software Quality Engineers to design, test and support components that ship to a very large customer base. You will produce automated test harnesses to test that functionality behavior matches a specification. You will have broad experience of the complete development life-cycle and windows internals. You will report to the Software Engineering Manager, Endpoint Security, part of the McAfee’s Endpoint Security for Windows Group. Delivering on tasks relating to feature development and QA, infrastructure, tools and release deliverables, you will have an excellent career growth opportunity.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
You have experience in the security industry, an understanding of Microsoft Windows at a system and kernel level, experience with large distributed systems.
- Architect, plan, design, develop and maintain automated and manual test suites
- Will create automated test scripts (using Python and C++)
- Write C++ code to test Windows kernel driver code with a goal of writing, reliable and repeatable tests that find issues early.
- Crash Dump Analysis and debugging using core dumps, memory dumps and crash dumps
- Contribute to existing tools, automation frameworks and related solutions
- Increase product automated test coverage and improve the release quality
- Analyze product, system and feature designs for flaws and improvements
- Provide technical input for product sub-system, application research, design, analysis, testing, process improvement, and troubleshooting.
- Peer review code changes to portions of the product and test source code
- Validate and verify customer-facing features, end-to-end, across the product platform
You are a senior level Quality Engineer who has proficiency in the following:
- C++ programming in Microsoft Windows-based environment including Windows API and internals
- Successful track record in Software QA and Automation roles
- Perform tests on kernel code to ensure product quality
- Containerization experience in Docker
- Software Engineering Life-cycle, Agile development processes, Software test principles
Nice to have skills:
- App Verifier / Driver Verifie / Windbg experience
- Productivity: Github, JIRA, Jenkins
- CI/CD experience
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.