SEO Digital Marketing InternPrimary Location Plano, Texas Date posted 01/13/2020
Job Title:SEO Digital Marketing Intern
US, Texas, Plano
The SEO Digital Marketing Intern will be gaining hands-on experience with analyzing website data, SEO optimization and working on content writing and editing while working with the Digital Experience SEO business unit. This intern will be gain cross-functional departmental exposure as well. This is a summer internship from May 26th 2020 to August 14th 2020 in Plano, TX.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role
The SEO Digital Marketing Intern will be working with the McAfee Digital Experience Search Engine Optimization (SEO) business unit and will be focused on applying skills and experience to improving the McAfee digital experience. The SEO Intern will collaborate with Marketing, Support, Customer Journey, UI/UX, and Social Media teams.
- Working with team on SEO audits
- Conducting thorough SEO keyword research and planning to guide content
- Performing market research and competitive analysis
- Analyzing website data
- Keeping up to data about SEO Trends and algorithm updates
- Optimizing website content and landing pages
- Assisting the team with content writing and editing
- Learning and understanding the user experience to capitalize on existing traffic
- Assisting in optimizing the header tags from descriptive keywords, using unique tags to being creative
- Working on featured snippet research and application
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Interactive Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Journalism or related
- Graduating between December 2020 to May 2021
- Basic understanding of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Knowledge of SEO research, planning and/or execution is highly preferred
- Some experience with blog or web page writing is preferred
- Basic understanding of UX / UI is preferred
- Some experience with using analytics platforms like Google Analytics
- Working knowledge in content management systems (CMS) like WordPress, Sitecore, Drupal etc.
- Ability to work independently in a fast pace environment.
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable presenting to our team and managers
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without restrictions (visa) now or in the future
- Able to commute to the Plano, TX office. Relocation assistance package will not be provided.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern