Software Development EngineerPrimary Location US, Texas, Plano Date posted 06/09/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:As a Lead role The person will be an integral part of CORE Group – and will be reporting into Director , Engineering. To be successful in this role you should have exceptional leadership , communication and project management skills with multiple years of management experience and belief in developing the skills and talents of others. The role includes responsibility for validating making high level design choices for the Big Data Processing, cloud architecture, frameworks, protocols, API's and cloud services.
The individual should have expertise in the definition, design, implementation, development of Big Data Architecture in the cloud technologies like AWS/Azure/Google cloud Platform etc.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Drive innovation & Research in the area of cloud operations and software engineering
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team by architecting cloud solutions, helping to resolve technical problems and challenges, and establishing and applying coding standards.
- Act as a cloud champion by striving for excellence and driving continual improvements within the team.
- Regularly communicate and disseminate information to ensure that it flows both up to management and down to the team
- Develop data engineering solutions with code and/or using cloud services; work with data in a variety of formats across structured and unstructured sources (JSON, files, databases, etc.)
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop solutions in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrate technical architecture skills with ability to handle multiple activities in a dynamic environment.
- Expert in Datawarehouse technologies
- SQL programming and experience
- Define & Design Framework for Big Data Automation
- Collaborate with Software Engineering Leaders, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to ensure smooth integration of coding into the SDLC
- Research and stay up to date on the latest tools, technologies, & trends
- Act as a technical and solution expert in the areas of building Big Data Management, Data on Cloud, AWS Data Services AI / Machine learning capabilities in Data Platforms
- Manage and grow Data & Data on Cloud pipeline
- Provide direct, honest, and constructive developmental feedback to achieve high performance and career growth
- Will be a technical resource for the team regarding security, performance, deployment, troubleshooting, and effective testing of the full interaction the Cloud with our platform
- Work with compliance/security to ensure that cloud adoption is managed / governed in line with industry standards
- Strong business acumen and agility within a large, matrixed organization
- Ability to listen, adopt and influence are essentials
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to coach and mentor a team
- 3+ years of related software engineering experience and fully hands on with coding
- Lead the discussions and early analysis of the data-on-cloud concepts
- Strong expertise in Big Data Technologies.
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Grafana, Jmeter
- Experience with Data base and Data warehouse technologies ( SQL, Non SQL . for eg : Redshift, Casandra, Auroroa, RDS, Dynamodb, SQL server)
- Experience with modern programming languages like Ruby, Java, Python, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash & Shell, etc.
- Work with big data cloud technologies like Cloud Formation, Terraform, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Oozie, Spark, Kafka etc.
- Knowledge of data management, reporting, and analytics
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.