Software Quality Assurance EngineerPrimary Location US, Texas, Plano Additional Location(s) US, California, Santa Clara Date posted 05/12/2021
Job Title:Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Role Overview:McAfee is looking for an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer to assist our efforts on delivering quality releases of Endpoint Security product. McAfee Endpoint Security provides endpoint antivirus, firewall, exploit prevention, and connectivity protections and provides machine-learning technology for detecting zero-day exploits and suspicious code and behavior. You will work with other Software Quality Engineers to design, test and support components that ship to a very large customer base. You will produce automated test harnesses to test that functionality behavior matches a specification. You will work within our agile software development process and have an important impact on the endpoint security team. You will work with the latest quality testing frameworks and tools using Python, Selenium, Behave framework, Team City, Jenkins and more. Delivering on tasks relating to feature development and QA, infrastructure, tools and release deliverable, you will have an excellent career growth opportunity. You will report to a Sr, Manager of Software Engineering.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- Experience with Python/Perl/C++/Java
- Experience with software design patterns, algorithms and data structures.
- Experience working within automated testing frameworks, including Python, Perl, Selenium, Behave framework and other open-source projects.
- You will improve test coverage and effectiveness
- Experience performing code reviews to portions of the product and test source code
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover reoccurrences.
- Experience driving cross-team technical discussions
- Desire to work with many different software development teams to develop on product performance, quality, security, deployment and stability.
- Desire to seek continuous improvement in the quality assurance processes.
- 5+ years of professional experience in quality assurance or application development.
- Experience with the agile methodology for software development teams.
- Experience with QA report management tools - Jira, Confluence, X-Ray.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with computer security
- Experience with Docker container, WSL, MSI installer
- Experience with databases and SQL
- You will execute scripts and tools for testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment tools (e.g. Team City, Jenkins).
- Crash dump analysis and debugging using core dumps, memory dumps and crash dumps
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.