Sr. Manager Revenue AccountingPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 01/15/2019
Job Title: Enterprise Revenue Sr. Manager
The Enterprise Revenue Manager position plays a critical role in revenue, while doing so in an international environment and with a highly-recognized household, name-brand company.
The primary focus for this position will be to demonstrate full ownership of our enterprise business, which has gross revenues greater than $1 billion. This role works cross functionally with various departments, and will evolve over time with growth and critical acquisitions. We are seeking an innovative problem-solver with a strong mind for efficiency, technology, automation and controls. Working for a fast-moving, private-equity owned company, the successful candidate should be prepared to grow, learn, evolve quickly, and to conquer new challenges daily. This role is based in Plano, Texas.
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the role:
- Manage the current corporate Enterprise Revenue team members and serve as key team member of the global revenue team
- Working with multiple teams across the organization (marketing, legal, sales, sales finance, FP&A, Deal Desk, support, accounts payable, close and reporting) to assist with deal negotiations and to communicate revenue or contract revenue recognition due to contract terms
- Reviewing contracts and individual sales transactions for proper revenue recognition based on guidance under ASC 606, ASC 605, EITF 01-09, ASC 985-605 Software Revenue Recognition, and company's revenue recognition policies
- Review revenue contract review summaries prepared by the team and propose needed entries to get to the proper accounting.
- Responsible for WW revenue reporting for both internal and external reporting
- Partner with FPA Team to help with the forecast and planning
- Work closely with Deal Desk team – team that works closely with sales team in structuring revenue contracts to ensure optimal accounting treatment
- Work with IT team to test all changes to revenue systems and roll out process changes to WW Revenue team.
- Manage SOX Process ownership and implementing improvements in existing control environment. Involved in transformational process and system changes, responsible for leading change and change management.
- Assisting in preparation of technical accounting memos on significant transactions
- Review journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Communicating in a professional, precise and clear manner (both written and verbal)
- Working with both internal and external auditors related to the financial statement audit and control reviews
- Identifying areas of improvement in policies, procedures, and operating methods
- Driving the implementation of solutions that address specific issues or provide improved efficiencies and accuracy
- Willing and capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic work environment with a willingness to do what it takes to complete a task
- Integration of key acquisitions to internal systems with strong controls over data integrity
- Completing special projects, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 10+ years of Big 4 or 2nd Tier public audit and Corporate Accounting experience
- Experience with software clients and/or industry experience with software revenue recognition preferred
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills required
- Demonstrates proficiency in technical accounting and strong business acumen
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, ability to work autonomously with little oversight
- Excellent Excel experience; must be able to manipulate large amounts of data
- ERP experience preference towards SAP and Hyperion.
- Ability to prioritize task and meet strict reporting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain internal / external relationships.
- CPA, Software Revenue experience preferred
Shift 1 (United States of America)
HQD1 - US - Plano TX
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.