Video Production InternPrimary Location Plano, Texas Additional Locations Date posted 12/13/2018
McAfee is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely. With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
McAfee is seeking candidates to join the HR Communication team as a video intern. This individual will coordinate overall video production from top to bottom including pre-shoot planning, shooting and post-shoot editing while working with the team to achieve goals.
This position will be responsible for creating interactive, informative content for campaigns to drive employee engagement on our intranet as well as an content designed for recruitment campaigns on McAfee’s careers site and social media channels. Candidates will help create and edit employee stories, collect b-roll, animated graphics, vlogging and more. The internship will provide hands-on experience with the various duties and responsibilities required to coordinate a successful video production.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support our employee communication strategy and recruitment strategy by sourcing content ideas and managing production of multimedia content from start to finish
- Plan multimedia content and storyboarding with the HR Communications team
- Scout filming locations and managing shoot schedule
- Prepare video equipment and film in the field or studios shoots
- Gather video assets and compile footage
- Video editing: create loops, raw videos, social media cut-downs
- Log analytic insights: tracking data, tagging, metadata
- Work with the HR Communication team to guide workflow and quality standards
- Keep a pulse on the latest digital trends and share new ideas
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE INTERNSHIP:
The program is a 10-12 week assignment where you will undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization. Specific projects and responsibilities will be assigned based upon your skillset.
INTERNSHIP BEGINNING: Late May 2019
INTERNSHIP CONCLUSION: Mid-August 2019
- Majoring in Media, Communications, Human Resources or related field
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- You must be within one year from obtaining your degree at the conclusion of the internship. For example, if the internship concludes in August 2019 – you should have your degree no later than August 2020
- Familiar with necessary video equipment
- Experience shooting in studio and in the field
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Premiere and the Adobe Creative Suite required to edit high-quality video and best practices for optimizing video for web
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative mind to pitch innovative stories regularly
- Ability to work well with a team and with video subjects
- Copywriting skills a plus
- Digital and social skills a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for an interview, you must complete an online application on our company website.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
McAfee Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. McAfee Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.