Data EngineerPrimary Location Czechia, Prague Additional Location(s) Czechia, Brno Date posted 11/16/2021
Role Overview:Role Over View
We are looking for someone who takes joy in finding simple solutions to complex problems and shares our passion for mauling internet access-restriction, digital privacy, and giant digital bear humour. You will have experience in managing and expanding data pipelines, writing code in Python, making SQL queries and working with other teams. You will get exposure to optimizing the software that runs on a network of VPN servers distributed in 45+ countries. Reporting to Engineering Manager
About the Role
- Write concise, well-tested code in Python, and occasionally in Scala and other languages.
- Manage data-pipelines: monitoring and expanding Airflow, fixing pipe errors, managing AWS infrastructure (SQS, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, Redshift).
- Add new and expanding on data pipelines to collect more analytics.
- Ensure the privacy and security of our user management services.
- Work with our connections analytics and censorship circumvention teams to determine data warehousing requirements and specifications.
- Work as part of our data team to store and handle immense amounts of user data while respecting the privacy of our users.
- Manage our Amazon Redshift database according to analytics needs.
- You feel right at home in the terminal, comfortable with Linux or macOS.
- You have 2+ years experience in Python (or similar)
- You have 2+ years experience working with data engineering technology, and you understand which tools to use and why
- Experience with Apache Airflow and Amazon Lambda, DynamoDB, and Redshift.
- You have a strong understanding of SQL, and star schemas/dimensional database design.
- You have demonstrated ownership and pride over your projects.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to tailor communication based on the audience (business vs. technical).
- You get knowledge of anti-censorship technologies
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.