Software Development Engineer - Client TechnologiesPrimary Location Czechia, Prague Additional Location(s) Remote Czechia Date posted 11/08/2021
Role Overview:Does the thought of applying your passion for Software Development to secure the digital lives of millions around the world excite you? We are looking for a C++ Software Engineer to join our engineering team. You will build high quality Windows anti-virus software that is delivered in McAfee consumer products. Reporting to the software engineering manager, this team delivers software that keeps our customers' machines free from harmful malware and potentially unwanted programs.
About the role :
- Develop and debug complex software in a Windows C++ environment.
- Work with an experienced team to integrate new features from design to release using software development best practices.
- Design and work with data to monitor and measure the success of new and existing features.
- Triage and resolve defects.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Work as part of a scrum team, assisting in the creation of story backlog, task breakdowns and estimates.
About you :
- Your background includes 7+ years of experience in product development including design, development, code review and defect investigation.
- Proficient in C++, Multithreading, IPC and System Programming.
- Knowledge of debugging using tools such as Visual Studio and WinDBG.
- Experience developing/shipping high-quality, high-performance software.
- Familiar with performance analysis tools and writing performant code is a bonus.
- Love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.