Cloud/Web PreSales Security EngineerPrimary Location Ratingen, Date posted 03/25/2020
Job Title:Cloud/Web PreSales Security Engineer
As part of the ongoing growth of McAfee, the McAfee Presales organization is on an upward growth trajectory – helping to transform and mature the software security market. The opportunity that is before us will need the best cloud and web security professionals to help our customer’s on their cloud journeys – and that is exactly who we are looking for - the unique individuals that will help lead this growth, be a part of the transformation and to ensure our customer experience is outstanding
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role
Making the secure path, the easy path” - the Cloud/Web Presales Security Engineer is an experienced individual contributor in the Presales organization working with the Presales team, Enterprise Account Managers, customer-facing Sales Solution Architects, multiple product teams, partners and key customers to collaboratively create and validate cloud and web security solution architectures.
As a Security Presales Engineer (SE), you will play a critical role in partnership with your sales account managers to create a solution architecture and proposals that meets or exceeds the customer’s requirements. You will be required to lead and engage throughout the sales lifecycle from discovering the customer’s needs, writing proposals, solution demonstration, architecting solutions, building the customers trust and leading the proof of concept to gain the technical win. Your sales focus will be aligned with our Global 2000 / Fortune 500 accounts. You will also be required to work in collaboration with your direct Presales Manager and Regional Sales Directors to contribute to sales strategy and team initiatives that create a pipeline, customer excellence and best practices on technical wins. The role’s core responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Own the solution sales activities within the sales process to gain the technical win and the customers’ trust
- Participate in solution led sales calls and prospect visits, qualifying the customer’s requirements
- Gather requirements, develop use cases, and fully understand the client's business needs and constraints
- Be able to present the “McAfee Security Architecture Strategy” and how this solves the customers’ need and outcomes
- Provide exemplary technical expertise on customer product and solution demonstrations
- Create unsolicited solution proposals and ensure it meets or exceed the customer’s requirements and is fit for the intended purpose
- Ownership of the technical or solution response to RFIs/RFPs and orchestration of the virtual teams to help deliver a comprehensive consultative response
- Present a solution proposal to the customer, demonstrate how we solve the customer’s requirements and how this aligns with the customers’ outcomes and differentiate from the competition
- When required, lead the proof of concept from engagement, ownership of all activities and orchestration, through to completion
- Retain a competent level of knowledge and technical hands-on experience across McAfee products, solutions and sales proposition
- Keep abreast of security trends and industry analysts reports and leverage this knowledge to drive technical sales wins
- Play a pro-active role within your target accounts including building a trusted relationship, monitoring/managing customer issues in partnership with technical support and professional services, expand the existing footprint and drive competitive displacements
- A mentor for SEs and a team player, sharing best practices, providing feedback to product management and development
- At least 3-6 years customer facing Presales or Systems Engineering experience is preferred
- Willing to work and travel flexible hours to suit customer requirements.
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- German native or fluent in both verbal and written communication
- English fluent in both verbal and written communication
- Proven experience within a Presales/System Engineering role
- Has proven experience in one or more specialists’ fields below
- Managing Security Operations Center
- Software-defined networking
- Cloud and Virtualization
- Knowledge of Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) best practices and guidelines
- Datacenter Operations
- Hands on experience and positioning of McAfee Products and solutions
- Network and Web Gateway administration & management
- Network performance monitoring & analysis
- Exposure to Cloud and Virtualization platforms such as VMWare, AWS, Azure and GCP
- Generalized cloud security certifications such as CCSK or CCSP certifications are preferred
- Specialized cloud security certifications such as AWS Certified Security, etc.
- You must have extensive experience working with cloud security
- Working financial acumen on spend, budgets, TCO, ROI, and speak to cost savings and value
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.