Inside Sales InternPrimary Location Reston, Virginia Date posted 02/12/2020
Job Title:Inside Sales Intern
FDM1 - US - Reston VA
The Sales Intern will gain experience from helping the team with converting opportunities into revenue. As an intern, you will work with the Sales Team with lead development life-cycle, activity tracking assisting with improving the process of the sales funnel. This will be based in Reston, VA, full time in the summer. Starting May 26th 2020 – August 14th 2020.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role
The Inside Sales Intern will be working with the Inside Sales Reps documenting qualified leads, research on prospecting leads, scheduling lead meetings with Inside Sales Reps and assessing our sales funnel process to suggest ways to improve. Details of the position include:
- Prospecting leads on social media and research
- Building rapport with contacts to create Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) for McAfee sales teams
- Leveraging buyer personas and buying process maps in order to align with the buyer’s perspective
- Learning about McAfee product offerings enabling you to create interest and educate prospects
- Engaging appropriate stage resources (i.e. ISR, Sales Engineers, etc.) to move the prospect through buying stages
- Validating and researching inbound leads
- Nurturing leads for existing customers and new logo accounts
- Engaging in one-on-one digital conversations, texting, e-mail, phone calls, LinkedIn and other mediums to qualify leads
- Scheduling meetings between leads and Inside Sales Reps
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program, preferably Business or Sales related
- Graduating between December 2020 and August 2021
- Classes in professional sales are highly preferred
- Professional experience interacting with customers
- Energetic, personable, resilient and responsive
- Willingness to learn technology and be able to educate our prospects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of business economics of sales and researching for leads
- Attention to detail, a commitment to quality, results driven and customer focused
- Authorized to work in the US without restrictions (no visas).
- Must be able to commute to our Reston, VA office. Relocation assistance packages are not provided.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern