McAfee Security Cyber Defense EngineerPrimary Location Reston, Virginia Date posted 09/01/2020
Job Title:McAfee Security Cyber Defense Engineer
US, Virginia, Reston
You will report to the Manager of Professional Services Delivery. An active TS/SCI Clearance with Counter Intelligence Polygraph and a DoD 8570/8140 cyber security certification are required. The position is full-time, on-site at a customer location in Reston, Virginia supporting customer networks and associated systems.
You will provide assistance and support for operation and maintenance of the customer's current McAfee product suites, primarily private Global Threat Intelligence (pGTI). You will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to serve as a technical support engineer for the customer by providing daily operations, maintenance, and problem resolution.
You will advise on and lead efforts to include integration, best-practices recommendations and implementation, product enhancement and customization using commercially reasonable efforts to achieve satisfaction with important requirements, and problem diagnosis and resolution.
You will also serve as a general security practitioner and "trusted advisor" to the customer, advising and serving as the customer's liaison to McAfee support and engineering organizations.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
- You have demonstrated technical proficiency in several McAfee Security Endpoint and Network Products, and Windows and Linux operating systems associated technologies (e.g. Active Directory, Databases, Virtualization, Cloud Services [i.e., AWS, Azure]) and enterprise networks.
- You will write technical documentation and briefings.
- You have familiarity with identification, management, and mitigation strategies for multiple cyber threats.
- You will lead technical troubleshooting efforts and problem resolution, including assessment, hands-on tasks, log reviews, performing triage tools, reviewing product documentation, and communicating with product support and development teams.
- You will provide knowledge transfer to customer staff for deployed McAfee Security product sets.
- Your background should include 5+ years in a technical professional services capacity.
About the Role:
- You will provide support to the Customer for engineering, implementation, technical resource assessment, consultant task management, and training requirements.
- You will provide recommendations for best commercial business practices from other commercial customers using the McAfee Security Enterprise Architect team knowledge base.
- You will address all technical problems associated with McAfee Security software and provide support with direct reach back into McAfee Security Technical Support and McAfee Security Labs.
- You will prepare and provide documentation to allow for accurate implementation/operation of new capabilities supporting live operating environments.
- You will provide prior coordination required for delivering solutions.
- You will analyze technical/integration requirements and develop technical solutions for Customer review and consideration, and once approved, integrate into the customer's infrastructure.
- You will support product planning, deployment and operation of private Global Threat Intelligence (pGTI), ePolicy Orchestrator® (McAfee Security ePO™), McAfee Security Agent (MA), Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS), Asset Baseline Monitor (ABM), Policy Auditor (PA), Rogue System Detection (RSD), Device Control Module (DCM), Endpoint Security (ENS), Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), Virus Scan Enterprise (VSE), Threat Intelligence Exchange (TIE), Data Exchange Layer (DXL), Anti-Spyware Enterprise (ASE), as specified by the customer.
- You will communicate with McAfee Technical Support and McAfee Security Product Development to support planning and deployment, implementation of operational best-practices, and resolution of product problems or operational issues.
- You will share experience with implementation/operations team members and team leaders to expand the knowledge and capability of all team members.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.