Sales Engineering Manager (Federal)Primary Location Reston, Virginia Additional Locations Date posted 02/12/2019
Job Title: Manager of Sales Engineering (Federal )
Location:Washington DC area (office in Reston)
The Manager of Sales Engineering, is a pivotal leadership position that plays a key role in finding the right solutions to protect strategic customers from device to cloud. Your work will have real world impact and make a tangible difference in keeping people safe from cyber threats. A senior voice in the Americas leadership, this role reports directly to the Director of Field Sales Engineering.
Cyber-security is one of the most important challenges of modern society. Securing every aspect of the environment we live in is McAfee's mission. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high-performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the Role:
- Oversee the hiring, development, and management of the Sales Engineering team (Federal).
- Coach/player role willing to work as an individual contributor while scaling and building a Sales Engineering team to support aggressive growth goals
- Take technical ownership and leadership of POC/Pilot teams; coordinate both internally and externally to ensure success criteria is properly defined and the appropriate technology, processes and resources are mapped to the engagement.
- Develop implementation plans and strategies tailored to customer business and technical needs
- Collaborates with sales leadership team in development of sales engineering strategies, goals and objectives.
- Work cross-functionally between teams including marketing, data science, design, product, sales and engineering
- Act as the main authority in sales meetings for all product and technology-related topics
- Deliver technical and/or product presentations, focused on consultative selling and excellent discovery techniques that ultimately align solutions to value
- Experience with value selling B2B software within the Federal Sector
- Exceptional presentation skills and client-facing experience
- Enterprise software sales experience. Security SW is highly preferred
- Experience in a people management capacity
- A highly consultative sales background with superb communication skills
- Capacity to think and act on both a tactical and strategic level
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, & presentation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Understand Proxy and Firewall technology and logs
- Advanced knowledge of web threats and cybercrime
- Experience in the Security field with hands-on engineering experience, preferably gained within a sales engineering capacity
- Security Certifications or other technical achievements are an appreciated benefit
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
- Pension / Retirement Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Support for Community Involvement
Shift 1 (United States of America)
FDM1 - US - Reston VA
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.