Undergraduate Summer Legal InternPrimary Location Reston, Virginia Date posted 10/01/2019
Job Title:Undergraduate Summer Legal Intern
US, Washington, D.C.
We are looking for passionate college students with excellent communication skills and a good work ethic interested in gaining hands-on experience in a legal environment. You will undertake challenging projects designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor to help you navigate through the organization. Responsibilities include:
• Participate in supervised practical training and provide support activity to the Public Sector Legal Team.
• Maintain files for contract summaries and other legal documents, which includes indexing, maintaining a central repository, maintaining tracking systems, and coordinate document exchange for legal and business departments.
• Assist legal team with updating, improving and maintaining procedures, processes, forms and legal policy documents for all legal matters managed by the Public Sector Legal Team
• Correspond with outside counsel and other internal departments regarding various legal matters
• Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees as well as internal and external contacts
• Utilize MS Office Suite and other applications
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
This is a paid, 40-hour per week, summer internship located in our Reston, Virginia office. The team will work with your summer break schedule to determine which dates and times work best for you. We’re looking for candidates that can start by May, 2020 at the latest.
- Working towards a pre-law, business, or communications bachelor’s degree
- Must include relevant courses completed on the resume
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite including proficiency in PowerPoint, Teams, and Word
- Interest in legal work and business contract terms and conditions
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Available to live and work in the Reston, Virginia area for the entirety of the summer internship
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern