McAfee Professional Services Security ConsultantPrimary Location Washington, District of Columbia Date posted 11/14/2019
Job Title:McAfee Professional Services Security Consultant
US, Washington, D.C.
As McAfee Endpoint Security Consultant, you will be delivering complex cybersecurity solutions centered around McAfee Products designed and capable of protecting the government's most important information, safeguarding our National Security. You will be designing the deployment, integrating and supporting products such as McAfee ENS, DLP, Application Control, Change Control, ePO, TIE/DXL, MAR, ATD, MVision Cloud/Mobile, Web Gateways, NSP – all of McAfee’s leading security products.
***This position requires a US Citizen and Active Security Clearance.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
The purpose of this role is to provide subject matter expertise as a McAfee Professional Services Security Consultant. There are several major aspects to the role:
- Technical know-how, hands-on subject matter expertise in most/all McAfee products.
- 100% confidence in your ability to design, deploy, integrate, troubleshoot, manage and provide one-on-one customer-facing product relevant knowledge/guidance Customer facing professional demeanor, presentation skills and diplomacy.
- Dependability: work ethic, delivers on promises – on time, every time.
- Ability to produce professional, customer facing technical documentation worthy of the McAfee brand Must be able to work independently and confidently onsite with our customers
- The role requires the ability to design McAfee product solution architectures. Evangelize both the solution and the underlying information security principles that our enterprise class security solutions enable. Deploy the solution that you design and ensure the solution’s successful integration into the customer’s environment. Troubleshooting, problem management, remediation, research and root cause analysis is an important skill to be successful in the role. Document the entire process for internal review and final delivery to the customer.
- Performance is typically evaluated based on customer satisfaction, skills, utilization, (i.e., billable hours) and dependability. Project management activities include interaction with company and client managers and cost/schedule monitoring. May have some financial responsibilities including project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing. May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities. Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organizations.
- Must live within commuting distance to the Washington DC Metro area; most of our business is within this area. The current position is mainly in Wash DC Metro but could require up to 70% travel over a period of months; as needed by the business. Some work will be remote-office as well.
- You love technology! You have your own lab at home and love to tinker with the latest releases of security, virtualization, and network software.
- You have years of experience and are at/near the peak of your technical prowess – ready to become a true, professional “Consultant”
- You’re adaptable to your surroundings and customer pressures – you can adjust your approach if needed
- You always make your deadlines and do what it takes to get the end objective met
- You’re an SME and you can prove it: McAfee product certifications and experience preferred
- General (8570 compliant) security certification (Sec+. CISSP, etc.) required upon hire
- General professional technology/network certifications (CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, etc.) preferred
- 5 to15 years of experience in a HANDS-ON technical role that involves design/configure/deploy/integrate/troubleshoot/manage of software/hardware security technology
- **SkyHigh / CASB / MVisionCloud Experience Highly Desired**
- ePO and ENS Expert; design/
- Superior, customer-facing skills
- Works with hardware, virtualization and cloud technologies w/reference to software security products
- Hands-on experience with any or all products: ePO, ENS, MAR, Application Control, Advanced Threat Detection/Prevention, drive encryption, DLP, NSP, IPS/IDS, TIE/DXL, MOVE, Web Gateway/Filtering, SkyHigh/CASB
- Working experience (hands-on) in Windows/Linux/OS-X operating systems, Active Directory/LDAP, Mail Gateways and Proxy Servers
- Working experience (hands-on) of databases such as MSSQL, Oracle, MYSQL
- Expertise in analysis of network events and attacks
- Expertise in TCP/IP, familiarity with packet structures
- Experienced with using Wireshark or TCPDump or other tools for packet analysis
- Deep understanding of networks, enterprise infrastructure (ex: DHCP, Active Directory, DNS, Firewalls, Mail/Exchange, ports & protocols) as it relates to securing our customer's security infrastructure
- Experience researching vulnerabilities and exploits
- Experience with various network infrastructure equipment, including SPAN or TAP devices
- Experience with integration of McAfee technologies
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Can guide customers from their vision to concrete, obtainable, measurable outcomes using McAfee products
- Solid technical writing skills to produce written reports and document customer security infrastructures, recommendations and best practices
- General project management & communication requirements
- Communicate highly technical content to various audiences ranging from client engineers to executive management, including mixed audiences
- Analyze client environments and identify problem resolutions
- Demonstrated organizational skills to concurrently manage multiple projects and client demands along with administrative duties
Security Clearance Required:
- Must pass a security background investigation; mandatory.
- DHS suitability desired.
- DOD Secret clearance or higher desired.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location:US, Washington, D.C.
US, Maryland, Baltimore, US, Maryland, Columbia, US, Maryland, Rockville, US, Virginia, Fairfax
- McAfee Security SIEM Consultant – US Remote Field Based Opportunity Sales Santa Clara, California, Houston, Texas, Detroit, Michigan, Florida, Massachusetts, , Los Angeles, California, Raleigh, North Carolina, Nashville, Tennessee, Dallas, Texas, Irvine, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Fairfax, Virginia, Atlanta, Georgia, Stamford, Connecticut, Austin, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Columbia, South Carolina, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, San Jose, California, San Francisco, California, San Diego, California, New York, New York, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Nashua, New Hampshire, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Chicago, Illinois, New Jersey
- McAfee Sr Sales Engineer (Cloud) Sales, Cloud, Sales Engineer Washington D.C., District of Columbia
- McAfee Security Endpoint Security Consultant Sales, Security Consultant Fairfax, Virginia