Sales Engineer (Cloud Security) - SLED West RegionPrimary Location Sacramento, California Additional Locations US, Oregon, Portland|US, Washington, Seattle|US, California, San Francisco|US, California, Los Angeles|US, Colorado, Denver Date posted 10/23/2018
At McAfee, we are relentless in protecting our customers: we believe safe never sleeps. In doing so, we are leading the transition from the era of point security products to integrated security systems. As we automate the Threat Defense Lifecycle, we lead the industry in delivering better security outcomes to customers: address more threats, faster, and with fewer resources. We work to achieve that automation for enterprise customers by:
- Focusing on the endpoint and cloud as key control points
- Analyzing that telemetry to detect advanced threats
- Automating the management and remediation processes
- Working with technology partners throughout the industry
Sales Engineer - SLED Western region USA (CA, OR, WA, NV)
This role is aligned to McAfee’s newly formed Cloud business unit based on Skyhigh Networks groundbreaking technology designed to help enterprises enable and accelerate the safe adoption of cloud services.
We have the following opportunity for a creative, innovative and results-oriented person willing to go the extra mile in a fast-paced environment.
The Sales Engineer (SE) will work alongside the Regional Account Managers, as part of McAfee’s Global Sales Team to lead pre-sales activities and oversee the sales support of McAfee Cloud products to existing and prospective customers within the assigned geographic region. The SE is an integral part of the sales organization and assists the sales team with pre-sales technical knowledge and presentations. They work closely with sales managers, prospects and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in sales conference calls and customer prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via WebEx, and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how McAfee’s Cloud solutions can provide value to them.
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue.
- Plan, manage and execute customer product pilots.
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team.
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business.
- Ensure successful on-site product evaluations and post-sale installations when necessary.
- Manage the Regional Strategic Account customer base on their technical needs.
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences, when needed.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years of professional systems engineering experience
- 5+ years in a sales related role
- 3 + years in the Security field with hands-on engineering experience, preferably gained within a sales engineering capacity
- Security Certifications or other technical achievements are an appreciated benefit
- Technical requirements:
- Understand Proxy and Firewall technology and logs
- Work with Linux, Windows and Mac OS based servers and endpoints.
- Proficient with mobile device technologies and OS such as Android, iOS and Windows Mobile.
- Knowledge of certificates, key management systems, HSM and related protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of web threats and cybercrime.
- Time management, multi-tasking, prioritization skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills allowing you to be influential at all levels
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, California, Sacramento
US, California, Los Angeles, US, California, San Francisco, US, Colorado, Denver, US, Oregon, Portland, US, Washington, Seattle
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.