Global Director OEM Business DevelopmentPrimary Location US, California, San Francisco Additional Location(s) US, North Carolina, Raleigh; US, Texas, Austin Date posted 09/28/2021
Job Title:Global Director OEM Business Development
Role Overview:Cyber-security is one of the most important challenges of modern society. Join McAfee and help keep the digital lives of our “end users” safe by protecting what matters.
This senior role on the WW Partner Team will be responsible for selling McAfee products and services into designated global OEM’s. Accountable for actively engaging and developing relationships while identifying new business opportunities in consumer, small & medium business, as well as other areas identified for potential expansion. This position requires an accomplished business leader with an “end user” focus and growth mindset. Candidate must be capable of thriving in a fast-paced, ambiguous, high-growth environment.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the Position:
- Experience and credibility selling to the C level of Fortune 1000 companies. Proven ability to develop relationships across all areas of the partner’s organization calling at multiple levels within the account: Business Management, Marketing, Product Development, Product Management, Security Team, Engineering, Finance, Procurement along with any key influencers, stakeholders or decision maker.
- Innovative thinker that can create business opportunities
- Has both a hunter and farmer skill set
- Ability to think like an end-user. How do we change the paradigm and make our products & services “delight” our end user.
- Work collaboratively across the functions to create a result driven, team-oriented environment delivering growth.
- Responsible for accurately planning and forecasting the business. Work directly with the marketing team, finance, etc. to develop a deep understanding on the business metrics and performance. Report findings weekly. Understand and communicate the areas and reasons where the business is deviating from expectations, both positive and negative. Define strategies to improve key metrics
- Understand how McAfee products work and the value the bring to our end users
- Maintain sound knowledge of the industry, trends and the competitive posture of McAfee and other industry leaders regarding software product offerings
- Deliver high impact presentations, effectively representing McAfee’s business and value
- Negotiate and close large and complex software contracts; integrating requirements by effectively balancing partner needs with business objectives
- Proven ability to achieve results working in matrixed, complex, fast-moving and constantly changing sales environments within an extremely competitive market
- Travel will eventually be required
- 10+ years of sales experience and/or a proven track record of outstanding results
- Past experience does not have to be in cyber security. We are looking for diverse back grounds with strong consumer product focus.
- Excellent Existing C-Level Relationships
- Experienced people manager. Strong “coaching” mentality
- Ability to build strong and continuous partner relationships
- A highly consultative sales background with superb written & oral communication skills
- Established financial acumen
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, & presentation skills
- Capacity to think and act on both a tactical and strategic level
- Ability to thrive in “start-up” like environment
- Self-starter that is results driven
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.