Strategic Business Development Manager (Bay area)Primary Location San Francisco, California Additional Locations Date posted 02/08/2018
Business Development Manager
McAfee creates best of breed security solutions that help protect consumers from the next generation of blended online threats and attacks. These next generation threats occur on multiple levels and on multiple devices and can impact individuals everywhere.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for pioneering and building new business, and defining a repeatable and successful GTM for both new and re-introduced product and service opportunities. You are responsible for engaging with our partners and creating mutually benificail business ideas enabling you to achieve target revenue for new and existing business.
As a Business Development Manager, you will work alongside the Product Managers and Systems Engineers, as part of the North American Sales Team and lead the acceleration of the sales of McAfee’s Security Solutions to an existing customer within the geographic region. As a Business Development Manager, your role is a critical and integral part of the sales organization. You will responsible for identifying target opportunities, developing your pipeline and maximizing revenue by closing key deals around our solutions. You’ll work closely with prospects and partners as a subject-matter sales expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
· Responsible for meeting and exceeding assigned revenue quota and early stage MBO’s. Work independently and as a vital member of the sales team.
· Build relationships within the partner at every level, especially C-Level
· Responsible for identifying generating leads and opportunities by selling in to account partners.
· Close key deals– forecast appropriately with good insight, accuracy and judgement
· Become an expert in your domain, develop appropriate technical expertise, understanding your solutions and your competitors, and bring energy and conviction to your customer conversations.
· Work with Product Managers, Sales Engineering, Sales operations, Legal and other areas of McAfee in closing complex opportunities at the C-Level - must work well in a team environment
· Partner with key business units and their leadership, in developing winning value propositions and sales strategies, and gathering customer feedback
· Incubate and pioneer sales GTM approaches and techniques. Validate the best ones and develop them in to a repeatable process for our sales force and partner community
· Identify key gaps in GTM approach or content, and develop solutions to address the need
· Understand the broad security environment, McAfee’s unique Security Strategy. Develop and maintain expertise on a broad and security-specific basis
· Like a start-up, do whatever it takes to pioneer Sales and GTM success for our security solutions – EBC’s, beta programs, evaluations, POCs, create content, enable the field. You will wear multiple hats for us to WIN
· Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via WebEx, and working with prospects at business level to show how McAfee's solutions can provide value to them.
· Engage with senior decision makers and influencers internally and within the accounts supported. Candidates must be comfortable at an executive conversation when discussing the business impact of our solutions.
· Deliver high impact presentations, effectively representing McAfee’s business and value proposition, as a Partner of Choice to deliver Security Solutions to end users.
· Strong business and financial acumen and professionalism
· Leadership, accountability, and self-starter qualities
· Excellent customer focus, strong attention to detail and ability to operate in a dynamic sales organization
· Be a TEAM player
· Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Business related course of study), or 4+ years equivalent work experience
· Consistent quota attainment selling security or software services over 4 or more quarters
· Seven (7+) plus years selling software and services related products and services
· Quantifiable sales track record demonstrated by increasing responsibilities, growth in territory and quota
· Direct selling expertise, ‘hunter’ mentality
· Innovative thinker. One size does not fit all.
· Presentation skills: Must be able to sell yourself and your ideas to all levels inside and outside of the organization
· Simplicity: can you make complex issues easy to understand
· Established contacts; rolodex and intimate knowledge of assigned territory is a plus, but not a requirement
· Security Product Knowledge is helpful
· Value added services/products GTM models, delivery models and deal constructs, terms and metrics
· Experience working in a multi-tiered, multi-divisional organization is a plus
This position reports to the Regional Director of Sales in North America. This role will have global responsibility
McAfee is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, California, San Francisco
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- McAfee Security Senior Emergency Incident Response Consultant - Remote Based Sales Baltimore, Maryland, Chicago, Illinois, Richmond, Virginia, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Jacksonville, Florida, Miami, Florida, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Orlando, Florida, Tampa, Florida, Cleveland, Ohio, San Diego, California, Columbus, Ohio, San Francisco, California, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Indianapolis, Indiana, Columbia, South Carolina, Austin, Texas, Denver, Colorado, St Louis, Missouri, Overland Park, Kansas, Stamford, Connecticut, Atlanta, Georgia, Fairfax, Virginia, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Phoenix, Arizona, Salt Lake City, Utah, Las Vegas, Nevada, Irvine, California, Portland, Oregon, Seattle, Washington, Bellevue, Washington, Dallas, Texas, Nashville, Tennessee, Raleigh, North Carolina, Los Angeles, California, , New Jersey, Massachusetts, Florida, Boston, Massachusetts, Detroit, Michigan, New York, New York, Houston, Texas, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Rockville, Maryland, Chandler, Arizona
- Channel Sales Engineer - West Region Sales, Sales Engineer San Francisco, California, Los Angeles, California
- Sr Sales Engineer Sales, Sales Engineer Seattle, Washington, San Francisco, California