Cloud Operations EngineerPrimary Location San Jose, California Date posted 10/20/2020
Job Title:Cloud Operations Engineer
US, California, San Jose
The McAfee Quality and Operational Excellence Engineering group responsible for Cloud deliveries is looking for for a dynamic, Software Engineer to adopt frameworks and automate features and capabilities in a large-scale CI/CD for the MVision XDR product. You will work with Architects and Development Engineers to understand the designs, validate the features, and work with the Cloud Infrastructure group to deliver and integrate solutions on to a multi-cloud platform. If you are passionate about building security solutions that keep millions of enterprise customers safe with an outstanding user experience, then this position might be a perfect opportunity for you. You will report to the Director or Engineering.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role :
- Develop DevOps workflows and code CI/CD pipelines for the rapid integration of high-quality services in the cloud.
- Automate test cases in Java or Python for features and responsible for reliably integrating it in Cloud provider infrastructure.
- Be an SRE and responsible for uptime by working with architects, development, and cloud infrastructure team.
- Work with the development and infrastructure team to open bugs, debug issues and achieve resolution.
- Your background includes 5+ years of coding experience in Java, Selenium/Web driver and Python.
- Automation experience in On-Prem/cloud for production-grade applications and products.
- Experience in testing scale, stress, and performance for Containers, Java services, APIs, and different data processing/rule engine pipelines.
- Experience with distributed and scalable configuration management tools (K8/Ansible/Puppet/Salt).
- Proficient in No SQL DB – Hbase/Cassandra/MongoDB.
- Experience in Web Services development using REST/SOAP and JSON/XML and integration.
- Have UI/UX customer-centric testing experience.
- Knowledge of technology management topics including System Flow, network reliability, real-time system throughput, message brokers.
- Successful track record in building, configuring, and supporting massive infrastructure at cloud scale using AWS -EKS /Azure /GCP.
- Experience solving scalability and performance problems.
- Expert in Linux operating system and systems administration.
- You are a big believer in design review, code review, quality metrics, automation, and best practices of DevOps.
- AWS/GCP/ML certification would be a bonus.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.