Cloud Software EngineerPrimary Location US, California, San Jose Date posted 03/20/2021
Job Title:Cloud Software Engineer
Role Overview:You will work with a team of Software Engineers to create the next generation of McAfee security products to enhance the auto detection and investigation of security breaches within large organizations. You will work with architects and other cloud Infrastructure engineers to understand the designs, validate the features, and to deliver and integrate solutions in an AWS environment. If you are passionate about building security solutions that keep millions of enterprise customers safe with an outstanding user experience, then this position might be a perfect opportunity for you. You will report to the Sr. Director, Software Engineering and will be based in San Jose, CA.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Help develop our next-generation micro-services to enhance auto detection of different breaches and other security concerns.
- Use your knowledge of Java, Go or Python to create new features in the cloud.
- Work with other software developers and oversee the whole solution including uptime and design of the product.
- Work with other developers to fix bugs, debug issues and achieve resolution.
- Your background includes 5+ years of experience as a Cloud Software Developer.
- In-depth knowledge of latest Java SDK (1.8) and design patterns.
- Experience implementing AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Autos calling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, and R53.
- Worked on cloud-based servers like AWS, AZURE and Rackspace.
- Implemented cloud services IAAS, PAAS , and SaaS which include OpenStack , Docker and Openshift.
- Experience with big data (HBASE, Elastic Search).
- Proficiency in developing and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS.
- Work with development teams to help engineer scalable and reliable software running in the cloud.
- Be part of the scrum team and work on user stories.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.