Data ScientistPrimary Location US, California, San Jose Date posted 03/04/2021
Job Title:Data Scientist
Role Overview:The Data Scientist will develop advanced data mining algorithms and machine learning for a wide range of analytics and features to power a Cloud Security Product. The Data & Analytics team (part of Platform Engineering) is one of the core teams building McAfee's MVISION Cloud, a suite of products helping world's largest enterprises unleash the power of the cloud by providing real-time protection for enterprise data and users across all cloud services. The team manages MVISION Cloud Threat Protection product and for all of the data science and big data pipelines. The team includes Data Scientists and Big Data Engineers. You will report to the Director of Data Science.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Build analytics models to analyze and obtain practical insights from large volumes of data that require the expertise of data analysis and feature engineering.
- Develop machine learning-based models specifically for user behavior modeling, anomaly and threat detection.
- Participate in data and product analytics to develop customer insights and product features.
- Work with Product Management, Sales Engineers and Customers to develop proofs-of-concepts for new ideas for threat protection.
- Work with McAfee's security teams and researchers to convert ad-hoc knowledge into models and detection frameworks that can then be productized.
- Work with other engineers to create new solutions to experiment and implement advanced algorithms on massively large and wide data sets to solve evolving cloud security challenges.
- Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analysis to senior management, field engineers, product marketing and customers.
- Your background includes 3+ years Data Science and Machine Learning experience on a team building SaaS products.
- 3+ years experience programming in at least one of Python, Java or Scala.
- 3+ years experience working on large datasets using one of Hive or SparkSQL.
- 3+ years of experience with all parts of an ML model lifecycle in production.
- Deep knowledge of Bayesian Statistics, Time Series Analysis and Unsupervised Learning.
- Practical knowledge of data structures and efficient operations on large datasets.
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience working on problems relevant to detecting risk, fraud, trust and abuse in domains such as security, finance and consumer.
- Experience working with big data pipelines including tools and technologies such as HDFS/S3, MapReduce, Spark, Kafka/Kinesis, Hive, distributed SQL and No-SQL data stores such as Base/Cassandra/Druid/Elasticsearch.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.