Director, Global Head of Search MarketingPrimary Location US, California, San Jose Additional Location(s) US, Texas, Plano Date posted 10/03/2021
Job Title:Director, Global Head of Search Marketing
Role Overview:Director, Global Head of Search Marketing (Organic & Paid) is a leadership role responsible for driving revenue and leading global Search (SEO & SEM) strategy and operations. This is a high impact and high visibility role in the organization with the mandate to help transform the way search marketing drives customer acquisition. As a leader of senior members of the marketing team, the person will be responsible for developing innovative and impactful acquisition strategies across multiple global regions.
The position requires strategic and global mindset to drive consistency in process but also to develop custom execution model based on local business need - for example what to execute in-house and when to partner with an agency. This is a fast paced role with high bar for SEM & SEO, analytical skills and ability to drive full-funnel marketing to acquire and engage customers.
One of the main aspects of this leadership role is to be able to build and nurture a high-performance team globally. The leader must have the passion for individual coaching and mentorship and creating a culture of mutual support, innovation, and analytical rigor. Additionally, passion for cybersecurity and its nuances is key.
This is a unique opportunity to build and lead comprehensive and innovative Search Marketing program for an industry leader in Cyber Security. The role requires hands-on, agile and resourceful problem solving & prioritization of both day to day management and investment in long term strategic innovations. This position reports to the Head of Performance Marketing and has global ownership of search marketing across organic and paid programs.
You are equally curious about human truth that drives consumer behavior, as you are about Machine Learning (ML) and evolving Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Marketing. So, if you are a world class search marketing leader with keen sense of urgency to drive business results and customer acquisition, and people love to work with you, we’d love to hear from you.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the Role:
Own and drive a revenue & operations for Organic & Paid Search with defined quarterly and yearly growth targets by up-leveling the search marketing talent, accounts, ads, targeting, bidding, core infrastructure, content, and links globally. As a Search Marketing lead, you will:
- Directly build and manage a large cross functional team of managers and search marketing subject matter experts to hit monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- A global leader who conveys a balanced sense of urgency, drives issues to closure, and gets things done
- Be fiercely competitive and stimulate a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity to build best in class Search Marketing capability that not only outperforms competition but also sets the benchmark for best practice globally
- Understand how changes in cybersecurity, consumer needs and competition impact search strategy and execution to stay ahead of the trend
- Sophisticated ability to assess disparate data streams and distill them into meaningful and actionable strategic recommendations
- Deep understanding of customer lifetime value, recurring revenue and subscription-based business models
- Lead daily agile pods to manage and measure performance across campaigns, keywords and initiatives with defined Objectives & Key Results (OKRs)
- Drive optimal investment growth across search portfolio driven by effective measurement (e.g., ROAS/CPA, incrementality) across paid and organic acquisition
- Establish the culture of innovation and evergreen experimentation including new landing page development, bidding (e.g., manual vs. smart bidding), ad copy variations, on-page optimization, structure data, global navigation, etc.
- Lead engagement with cross functional stakeholders to drive smart infrastructure evolution and be the driving force behind building a reliable foundation of SEM & SEO technology and content globally
- Establish measurement framework and actionable KPIs to drive the culture of accountability and rigor to deliver business impact
- Identify trends and opportunities to drive higher rankings and search coverage. In addition, conducting regular audits to evolve and advance SEO tech & content
- You have 10 plus years of Senior level experience in digital marketing, with active / hands-on experience in Paid & Organic Search
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- You are a seasoned leader with experience building collaborative and high-performing teams while providing ongoing coaching
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to structure complex & at-times ambiguous problem into meaningful and actionable work plan
- Proven track record of leading a large global team and digital transformation
- Powerful communicator with ability to engage and influence senior management
- Deep understanding of SEM & SEO and market dynamics driving rank, visits, revenue & EBIDTA
- Familiarity with core performance marketing platforms and other marketing analytics tools, including any of Google Ads, Bing Search Ads, Universal Ad Campaigns, Google Search Console, Adobe Analytics & Marketing Cloud, SEM rush, etc.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.For Colorado Residents the starting salary for this position is $158,000.00