Director, Software Engineering - RemotePrimary Location United States Date posted 11-Aug-2022
Job Title:Director, Software Engineering - Remote
Role Overview:As a Senior Director of Engineering you will be responsible for driving product requirements and roadmap planning with the cross functional teams including product management, and program management. You will plan, provide resources for and directs activities in engineering function to meet schedules, standards, and cost. Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and solutions. Provides guidance on employee development, performance, and productivity issues. Plans and schedules daily tasks, uses judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices. Inadequacies and erroneous decisions would cause moderate inconvenience and expense.
This is a remote position in the United States. We will only consider candidates currently in the United States and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the Role:
- You will lead the design, architecture, and implementation of highly scalable Cloud solutions
- You will be customer obsessed and build products that deliver optimal experiences
- You will have people management responsibilities including hiring talented individuals, performance management, feedback, and appraisal.
- You will drive operational excellence including quality initiatives like code reviews for early defect detection, unit testing, best practices for secure development, and scalability within the development teams
- Your team will define detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases for the products
- You will use your experience in agile development/testing practices, and develop failure mode scenarios to ensure efficient release testing
- We will ask you to help optimize the software testing process and procedures to make them more efficient
- You will have a min.15-20 years of software development experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Director of a product development team.
- At least 5+ years of experience in DB Operations, DBA Experience, Data Modeling.
- At least 5+ years of experience on high performing, scalable cloud applications using various cloud development stacks.
- At least 5+ years of experience in PaaS, DevOps
- Experience driving platform transformations
- Experience in the following areas
- Building scalable applications in cloud-based environments - Amazon AWS, Azure platforms.
- Deep skills in REST Services based on Serverless FaaS or with C#.NET, Golang, Python and containerization(Docker) with orchestration solutions including EKS/Fargate
- Expertise in SQL, no-SQL and big data frameworks: DynamoDB, MS-SQL, Casandra, MongoDB, Apache spark, S3, Hadoop etc., and middleware like Kafka, SNS/SQS, Flume, MQTT, Redis etc.
- Experience with Neural Networks, machine learning, deep learning and NLP tools and frameworks will be a plus.
- Deep understanding of best design and software engineering practices design principles and patterns, performance engineering, best practices for security, privacy, identity protection.
- Architect and design leading solutions with a strong focus on security, performance and scalability.
- Experience in Software Development principles and methodologies such as Agile
- Have excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Building partnerships and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and the ability to collaborate with internal and external parties including Development teams, Program/Product managers, Technical Publications and other Project Stakeholders.
- Positively adapting to project changes and multitasking.
- Experience in working remotely with teams would be useful to have
- Anything above that gets you an enthusiastic high-five and bonus points for having experience in the computer security industry.
- Experience with Privacy, Identity, Connected Home, Wearables, IOT is a plus.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters/Ph. D preferred
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.For Colorado Residents the starting salary for this position is $145,500.00