Info Security Specialist - RemotePrimary Location United States Date posted 19-Apr-2022
Job Title:Info Security Specialist - Remote
Role Overview:Are you extremely proficient at leading incident response efforts in critical situations, driving engineering efforts to minimize risk and highly skilled at threat hunting? If yes, then come and join us at the McAfee SOC as an Information Security Specialist. As an InfoSec Specialist, you will lead efforts as part of McAfee’s SOC to be the first line of defense. You will use various defense tools to conduct analysis, help strengthen security controls and drive cross-functional team efforts with a customer-oriented approach to ensure that a secure workspace is provided to McAfee’s workforce.
This is a remote position in the United States. We will only consider candidates currently in the United States and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the Role:
- Lead content and process development for existing and new cyber defense tools; Lead creation and validation of signatures or IOCs in response to new or observed threats.
- Lead cross-functional teams to resolve computer security incidents, to improve security posture of McAfee’s infrastructure and vulnerability compliance.
- Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources to gain situational awareness to detect, confirm, contain, remediate, and recover from attacks.
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities.
- Analyze identified malicious activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, effects on system and information; Perform root cause analysis to determine tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) for intrusions.
- Notify SOC managers and cyber incident responders of suspected cyber incidents in accordance with the cyber incident response plan and procedures
- Exercise user-oriented approach while handling security incidents to ensure that user impact is minimized as much as possible, and the situation is well articulated to users
- Document ongoing incidents, after action reports and escalate incidents
- Provides cybersecurity recommendations to leadership based on significant threats and vulnerabilities.
- Monitor external data sources to maintain currency of cyber defense threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise.
- Support Incident Response efforts - evidence collection, documentation, communications, and reporting.
- Responsible for the enforcement of corporate information security policies to protect McAfee's information assets and intellectual property.
- Lead or contribute to security risk assessments that determine threats, consequences, and vulnerabilities to key assets, products, and services.
- Recommend and drive additional security controls to meet current and future needs.
You must have a minimum of 6 years of experience with the following:
Exercising solid critical thinking and analytical skills Leading efforts during one or more phases of Incident Response lifecycle Application of cybersecurity principles and risk management basics to mitigate risk Leading & collaborating with multiple teams to drive improvements and resolutions Cloud security monitoring – detection and response (AWS, GCP and Azure) Mentoring junior analysts and improving security technologies & processes
We believe an ideal candidate will also be able to show that they have:
- Taken initiatives to drive improvements for security technologies and processes.
- Outstanding knowledge of the Security Operation Center (SOC) & the Information Security Common Body of Knowledge and best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of process automation and use of SOAR tools.
- Ability to improvise as newer threats emerge and guide team on threat hunting.
- Preferred certifications: GCIH, GCFA, CEH, Network+, Security+, cloud service provider certifications or equivalent industry standard certifications.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.For Colorado Residents the starting salary for this position is $79,000.00
- Sr. Network Security Engineer -Remote Information Technology San Jose, California
- Director, Cloud Infrastructure Engineering & Operations - Remote Information Technology, Cloud San Jose, California
- Manager, Engineering Technical (M365) - Remote Information Technology San Jose, California, Waterloo, Ontario