Lead Big Data EngineerPrimary Location San Jose, California Date posted 10/13/2020
Job Title:Lead Big Data Engineer
US, California, San Jose
You will lead a team of Software Engineers to create the next generation of McAfee security products to enhance the auto detection and investigation of security breaches within large organizations. You will work with Architects and other Cloud Infrastructure Engineers to understand the designs, validate the features, and to deliver and integrate solutions in an AWS environment. If you are passionate about building security solutions that keep millions of enterprise customers safe with an outstanding user experience, then this position might be a perfect opportunity for you. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Software Engineering and will be based in San Jose, CA.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Lead a group of Software Developers and oversee the whole solution including uptime by working with architects, development, and cloud infrastructure team.
- Help develop our next-generation micro-services to enhance auto detection of different breaches and other security concerns.
- Use your knowledge of Java, Go or Python to create new features in the cloud.
- Understand and influence logging to support our Data flow.
- Work and lead the development and infrastructure teams to open bugs, debug issues and achieve resolution.
- Pioneer a new way of thinking about Data Pipelines, Orchestration and Configuration at McAfee.
- Mentor other Developers.
- Your background includes 8+ years of hands-on experience with Big Data technology(Kafka, Spark, Airflow).
- Successful track record in developing and automating large-scale, high-performance data processing systems (batch and streaming).
- Lead data engineering projects to ensure pipelines are reliable, efficient, testable and maintainable.
- Experience designing Data Models for optimal storage and retrieval to meet critical product requirements.
- Experience with both scripting and system programming languages (Python, Go and Scala).
- Experience with microservices including defining and testing APIs.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.