Manager, Engineering Technical (M365) - RemotePrimary Location United States Additional Location(s) Canada Date posted 20-Apr-2022
Job Title:Manager, Engineering Technical (M365) - Remote
Role Overview:You will lead our Office 365 Engineering team and will work with various functional areas on gathering requirements, evaluating, designing, implementing, and supporting Microsoft based services and technologies, with emphasis on services provided via Microsoft Exchange Online & on-prem, the M365 product suite, and Azure Active Directory.
This is a remote position in the US and Canada. We will only consider candidates currently in the US and Canada and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the role:
- As a manager, you are responsible for day-to-day supervision/management of a global team that engineers, deploys, and administers Microsoft Office 365 services. This requires broad functional experience/expertise with Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Office client apps, Teams, and Azure AD. To include performance management, training/developing, forecasting/reporting, and budgeting/expense control.
- You will work with the project management, information security, and client teams to ensure that the Office 365 infrastructure supports offered products and services, providing various levels of escalation and management support to the Service Desk, Information Security, and other on-call engineers.
- You’ll work with leadership to develop roadmap and adoption plans for Microsoft technologies in this space. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Implement technologies to maximize profitability and provide outstanding quality service for our employees globally
- Ensure high quality support and maintenance of all IT needs using a combination of in-house and third-party vendors
- You are our business relationship manager between O365 Engineering and McAfee Business Units
- Mentoring your team in O365 Engineering including performance management, training and developing
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the organizational needs, you are the Subject Matter Expert on strategic and technical direction, and execute its implementation
- Manage the life cycle of technical projects, which includes but is not limited to business analysis, scheduling, budgeting, scope management and execution
- Analyze and recommend system upgrades, replacement of hardware and software systems
- Research new products and technologies and manage multiple vendor relationships
- Partner and collaborate with other departments to implement new promotions and strategies into existing technologies
- Manage the evaluation and recommendation of third-party IT products and services
- Increasing the productivity and effectiveness of IT Operations through the definition of standards, best practices and promoting reuse of recommended enterprise technologies
- Define and communicate end user architecture strategies, principals, standards, policies, and procedures
- Challenge status quo and raise the bar by providing enhancements to existing services. You make recommendations, define the ROI, and implement these improvements using an accepted change control methodology process.
- Ownership of or contribution towards organizational IT roadmaps, infrastructure lifecycle management, disaster recovery planning
- 10+ years of relevant experience showing career and technological progression with 2-3years leading a small team of engineers.
- Previous deep-level troubleshooting experience in a multinational and complex IT environment
- Extensive experience managing teams of the following, as well as personal experience with: Office 365 suite of applications, Microsoft Exchange, Azure
- Powershell experience administering O365, Azure, and Microsoft Exchange
- Strong contract management skills
- Strong communication, consulting, and presentation skills, including technical writing skills and the ability to listen and understand user issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to team well with peers, customers, project managers, and vendors with proven customer service ability
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multitask in a fast-paced environment; good strategic planning, project management, organizational and time management skills to handle multiple complex enterprise-scale complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills to exercise sound judgment
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and you are a result-orientated individual
- You are an inspiring leader who is natural in leading and motivating your team. You prioritize their learning and development goals
Other desirable experience:
- Knowledge of the ITIL Framework.
- Experience with Windows 2008-2019 Active Directory Domains
- Domain Name Services administration and maintenance experience
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.For Colorado Residents the starting salary for this position is $104,500.00