Manufacturing Test EngineerPrimary Location US, California, San Jose Date posted 02/21/2021
Job Title:Manufacturing Test Engineer
US, California, San Jose
Role Overview:The Manufacturing Test Automation team is looking for an experienced Software Development Test Engineer to develop test automation to support x86 production across a globally diverse contract manufacturing footprint. You will support both new products and existing products. You will need to develop, automate and document tests for new products. For sustaining products the engineer will analyze data and feedback from production facilities, implement changes, document results, regression test code and deploy in a production environment. You will be challenged to design improved test coverage and methodology of system level hardware testing. You will report to the Director of Engineering.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Develop automation scripts to test McAfee's enterprise security products at our contract manufacturing sites.
- Help with any test escalations at worldwide contract manufacturing sites.
- Work with the product development team to understand the hardware specifications and parameters of the product.
- Support the automation for new products and supporting legacy products with any updates or changes.
- Be involved in process improvements projects and test enhancements.
- Your background includes 5+ years of industry experience as a Manufacturing Test Automation Engineer with an understanding of supporting test automation in a production environment.
- You have Intel x86 hardware experience or aren't afraid of learning new hardware platforms.
- You have the knowledge and capability to work hands-on in the lab and remotely as well, at the contract management site.
- You have System level test automation experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux CLI automation using Python, Perl, Bash.
- Familiar with x86 vendor firmware management tools and automating their use with code.
- Knowledge of x86 system management technologies such as IPMI, Redfish, SMBIOS and RMM.
- Knowledge of boot technologies such as PXE, UEFI and Linux kernel initialization.
- Experienced in diagnosing and troubleshooting system failures, isolating the failed component and identifying the root cause.
- Knowledge of database management and data mining.
- Experience supporting contract manufacturers in different time zones.
- Experience working with development teams in different geographies.
- Experience using system configuration technologies such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Experience defining hardware benchmarks and implementing automated tools to gather those metrics.
- Tcl programming experience is a bonus.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Job Type:Experienced Hire
Primary Location:US, California, San Jose
- Sr. OEM Partner Product Manager Engineering Austin, Texas, San Jose, California, Dallas, Texas, Houston, Texas
- Sr. OEM Partner Product Manager Engineering Houston, Texas, San Jose, California, Austin, Texas, Dallas, Texas
- Technical Marketing Engineer(TME), Endpoint Security and SOC Engineering San Jose, California