Senior Manager, Software EngineeringPrimary Location US, California, San Jose Date posted 03/09/2021
Job Title:Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Role Overview:McAfee is looking for a dynamic Senior Manager, Software Engineering dedicated to leading and delivering programs that drive quality throughout product development and maintain common standards across the entire organization. The primary responsibility will be to manage engineering teams and implement the practices that ensure the delivery of high-quality high performance products to the market. You will work with a team of architects, engineers, product managers and account management to lead and provide solutions. You will report to the Senior Director of Engineering.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role :
- Deliver products that meet the timeline, quality and costs for the projects and deliverable elements. Solutions have to meet the preset goals for quality, security and performance.
- Implement engineering best practices, ensure the engineering team complies with engineering processes.
- Direct the activities of development teams.
- Identify skillset gaps within the team. Hire and retain qualified candidates.
- Perform annual performance and focal reviews for the team.
- Be the primary contact for senior management escalations and provide ongoing status to top management.
- Work with Product Owners and Architects and update user stories, manage priorities and product backlogs.
- Deliver quick responses to senior management for scope, complexity and high-level estimates.
- Provide technical insight into assumptions, dependencies, risks and mitigations to program management.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to the engineering team.
About You :
- Your background includes 5+ years of experience managing mid to large-scale Enterprise Engineering teams.
- Must be hands-on with 3+ years experience delivering commercial and scalable cloud-based products for large enterprises.
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform GCP, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and how to solve scalability and reliability problems.
- Understanding of technology required for cloud computing, network, storage on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- Apply innovation and creativity to provide solutions for complex problems in a time sensitive manner.
- Lead teams to deliver with speed and quality in a rapid software development environment.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Expert in Quick software estimation and accurate project planning.
- Experience working directly with customers and with individuals at different levels.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.