Senior Software AWS Cloud Data ArchitectPrimary Location US, California, San Jose Additional Location(s) US, Texas, Plano; Canada, Waterloo Date posted 03/01/2021
Job Title:Senior Software AWS Cloud Data Architect
US, California, San Jose
Role Overview:The Consumer Technology Transformation Team needs a Senior Cloud Architect to take the platform microservices to next level. You will provide guidance as we develop common services and framework which will used by all the consumer products so that multiple products can be taken to market quickly. Candidate for current position will work with all the PMs and Engineering leads/Manager to build and promote future technologies
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will provide Technical leadership for the cloud platform for McAfee Consumer, driving Architecture and detailed design of microservices-based cloud platforms consumed by hundreds of millions of devices
- You will report to the Senior Director for Architecture
- You will oversee the complete cloud solution, including on public cloud PaaS / Serverless technologies, using required SQL/NoSQL data stores with deep understanding of the technologies, the data model and the access patterns. Ensure high scalability, availability, performance and cost optimization.
- You will work with globally distributed engineering teams, product managers, designers, user researchers, department managers, marketing executives, and customers to help us create capabilities promoting next-generation product features / experiences
- You will work with other architects to design the end-to-end solution across cloud and client applications
- You will help us create the strategic architecture roadmap for platform
- Architect and build big data pipelines for data analytics and Machine Learning applications. Research and identify the right technology stack based on scalability, latency and performance needs.
- You will assess the technical feasibility by building rapid PoCs, find technological solutions for gaps, and create strategic IP.
- You will mentor architects / leads to create the technical leadership pipeline
- You have 8+ years of hands-on experience of full stack development of scalable cloud applications using various cloud development stacks.
- You have experience of Amazon AWS, Azure platforms.
- You have expertise in SQL, no-SQL and big data frameworks: DynamoDB, MS-SQL, Casandra, MongoDB, Apache spark, S3, Hadoop, and middleware like Kafka, SNS/SQS, Flume, MQTT, Redis
- You have knowledge in REST Services based on Serverless FaaS or with C#.NET, Golang, Python and containerization(Docker) with orchestration solutions including EKS/Fargate
- You have experience best design and software engineering practices – design principles and patterns, unit testing, performance engineering, best practices for security, privacy, identity protection.
- You have experience with Neural Networks, machine learning, deep learning and NLP tools and frameworks will be.
- You have experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment. Experience with the full mobile development life cycle, Architecting leading solutions with a focus on security, performance and scalability. Experience with TDD would also be of benefit.
- Experience with Security, Privacy, Identity, Connected Home, Wearables, IOT is a plus.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.