Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET)Primary Location United States Date posted 15-Sep-2022
Job Title:Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Role Overview:Does the thought of applying your passion for software quality and automation to secure the digital lives of millions excite you?
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET) to join our engineering team. As part of a core-technology team, you will work closely with developers to provide verification of Windows software and drivers.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this team delivers software that is the foundation of next-generation McAfee consumer products.
This is a remote position in the United States. We will only consider candidates currently in the United States and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the Role
- Work closely with developers to develop automated tests and test strategies
- Work closely with other SDETs to make test automation framework changes, perform code reviews, and implement test automation best practices
- Identify and create test cases to increase functional test automation coverage and decrease manual test effort
- Use common debugging tools for collecting logs and system information for debugging defects
- Develop and improve the build and CI pipeline
- Use creativity, product, and operating system knowledge to develop and execute a variety of exploratory test scenarios
- Perform Windows HLK testing and maintain the environment
- Provide build verification and sign-off to hand off to other teams
- Mentor and grow junior team members
- You have 9+ years of test automation experience
- You have experience working in python and C++
- You have a strong understanding of operating systems internals and can apply that knowledge in testing and debugging
- You have worked with CI/CD using GIT and Jenkins pipelines
- You are familiar with common Windows debugging tools such as Process Monitor, WinDBG, Process Explorer
- Knowledge of performance analysis tools such as Windows Performance Recorder preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Windows WHQL and HLK processes a bonus
- Knowledge of anti-malware applications, driver development, security software, network applications, cloud programming a bonus
- Knowledge of secure software development concepts and practices, including threat-modeling, secure coding, BSIMM, OWASP common vulns, manual and automated tools and techniques for vuln detection and prevention, along with an understanding of CVEs, exploits, and CVSS scoring.
- You like working in a team and have excellent communication skills
- You like finding creative solutions to solve hard problems
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.For Colorado Residents the starting salary for this position is $120,000.00