Senior Software Engineer Java - RemotePrimary Location United States Date posted 02-May-2022
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer Java - Remote
Role Overview:At McAfee, our mission is to enthusiastically protect all that matters through leading edge cybersecurity, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between. Our eCommerce platform team is passionate about building solutions to help acquire new users and retain existing customers using our marketing technology to personalize their user journeys to help them buy and renew their cyber security software.
We are looking for a Senior software engineer to join our Engineering team. Reporting to the Manager of Software Engineering, you will help build an excellent digital marketing platform to acquire and retain existing customers using an omni-channel strategy by emails, push notifications, and landing pages by an integration of 3rd party technologies and home-grown platforms. You can expect to be an important member of the team contributing to major features and projects on the platform while working in a collaborative environment.
This is a remote position based in the United States. We will only consider candidates in the United States, and we are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the Role:
- You will Develop, test, and deploy products that are fast, scalable, and responsive to protect the privacy and security of our customers' digital lives.
- Design and maintain large and complex data integration platforms.
- You will build products that support scaling our customer acquisition and retention efforts and user data pipeline.
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric web applications that operate 24x7.
- Develop and deploy micro-services and build applications in the cloud (AWS).
- Establish, refine, and integrate development environment tools and software.
- Perform the responsibilities and rituals as an active member of an Agile development team.
- Test product releases to ensure we meet our rigorous quality standards.
- Curate and manage telemetry, dataflows, and workflow automation to help the business improve results.
- Participate in deep data analysis on big data systems to bring nuanced perspective to a complex user base.
- Work with global teams including Architecture, Product Management, Customer Experience and Design, Security, DevOps, and other groups developing our McAfee Consumer Products.
- 8+ years’ experience building Consumer-facing scalable web application solutions using languages like Java, Python, Go lang or Node.JS.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and general service oriented architectures.
- 2+ years design/implementation/consulting experience building cloud solutions on AWS preferred
- You have knowledge using multiple common code, data and development tools and technologies (e.g. Git and GitHub Enterprise, JIRA, Confluence, SQL/NOSQL databases).
- You have experience in object-oriented design skills, coupled with a deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Build Web platform optimized for performance with Personalization and A/B testing capability.
- Take ownership of their work and is a true team-player; someone that looks for opportunities to collaborate.
- Develop applications with a focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.For Colorado Residents the starting salary for this position is $104,500.00