Software Architect, CloudPrimary Location US, California, San Jose Additional Location(s) US, Texas, Plano; US, Texas, Austin; US, Texas, Houston; US, Texas, Plano; US, California, San Francisco; US, California, San Diego; US, California, Irvine Date posted 04/28/2021
Job Title:Software Architect, Cloud
Role Overview:We are looking for a Senior Architect who is passionate about designing solutions, has an interest in creating compelling Consumer experiences, and wants to join our collaborative team to help build excellent products. You will report to Senior Director of Software Engineering within the Consumer Products Team.
Working at our Santa Clara development center, you will exhibit an understanding of consumer products including mobile applications. You will provide technical leadership in the areas of software design, architecture, and development.
In a world where smart homes are becoming more frequent, and IoT and mobile devices are increasing every day, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and essential part of McAfee’s consumer business that protects our customers’ - in one of the most vibrant cities in the US.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will lead the technical direction, design, architecture, and create scalable cloud solutions. This includes design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms.
- You will work with multiple technologists, Senior Architects and Principal Engineers across the organization to write design artifacts, develop key modules, and review code as we build out the Platform.
- You will strategize and engage with different partners and take a broader look at how their businesses are evolving, and what they need from us and what platform capabilities we need to create to stay ahead of those needs.
- You will partner with developers, development managers, product managers, to evaluate feasibility of requirements. Coach the technical staff on the team.
- You will survey new technologies, create proof of concepts, contribute to path finding, and provide vision for Platform strategy. Deep understanding of consumer industry trends is needed.
- You will be customer obsessed and build platforms that provide compelling experiences.
- You will focus on the McAfee Consumer Partner Platform, to make it competitive in the marketplace and drive scale during product adoption in different go to market segments.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- You will have 5+ years of experience as a software architect.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability, disaster recovery). Hands-on experience in Migration of business software at scale to Cloud. Able to ideate cloud solutions from given legacy use cases.
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems. This will include AWS and future providers, networking, provisioning, and management.
- Should have experience of driving platform engineering to bring out standardization and reusability for the programs of large scale across the organization.
- Develop a library of cloud design patterns, based on the Consumer Partner Platform portfolio, as a basis for deploying services to the cloud. Hands on experience on micro-services, docker, Kubernetes etc. is needed
- Strong experience in languages Go, Node.js.
- Experience in Web Technologies developing responsive APIs using .NET Core, ASP.NET, Web API.
- Strong experience in different AWS services like EC2, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, API Gateway, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, SQL Database, AWS IAM and Container Services etc.
- Should have broad experience in Relational and NoSQL databases, messaging, integration, caching, identity and access management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes. Hands on automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience in building mobile applications on Android and iOS. Solid understanding of iOS/Android technology stack. Experience in Java, Kotlin, Objective C, Swift.
- Building partnerships and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and the ability to collaborate with internal and external parties including Development teams, and Program/Product managers.
- Experience in working with remote teams would be useful to have.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.