Software Development Engineer - RemotePrimary Location United States Date posted 21-Jun-2022
Job Title:Software Development Engineer - Remote
Role Overview:Does the thought of applying your passion for cloud development to secure the digital lives of millions around the world excite you? McAfee is looking for software engineer that can help build its trusted consumer products, web platforms and services. We dig deeper into customer problems to provide a solution that makes customers lives easier. You will report to Sr. Manager of Software Engineering and will be part of a development team that prides in striving to delight the McAfee customers. Join the customer obsessed team!
This is a remote position in the United States We will only consider candidates currently in the United States and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the Role:
- Develop and debug complex software in multiple web technologies.
- Determine best coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements.
- Architect and develop large-scale web and API applications on AWS focusing on performance, scalability, and stability.
- Work with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry including developers and project managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development.
- Enjoy learning new things.
- Love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
- Have open minds to innovative ideas and enjoy helping people so that they are not stuck.
- Your background includes 5+ years of experience in server-side application development.
- Fluent in any of these: Go Lang, Python, Node.JS or Java.
- Familiar with Micro-services design patterns, Server less Application Model and REST.
- You understand the overall AWS Cloud infrastructure (EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3 etc).
- You are proficient in developing end debugging cloud-based applications using AWS.
- You have a working knowledge with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- You have knowledge of Software Development process, optimization techniques, and testing methodologies.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.For Colorado Residents the starting salary for this position is $79,000.00