Sr. Software Architect - IOSPrimary Location US, California, San Jose Date posted 04/13/2021
Job Title:Sr. Software Architect - IOS
Role Overview:We are looking for a Senior Architect who is passionate about designing solutions, has a interest in creating Consumer experiences for mobile products, and wants to join our collaborative team to help build outstanding products. You will report to Senior Manager of Software Engineering within the Consumer Products Team.
You will exhibit an understanding of mobile application development, and consumer products. You will provide technical leadership in the areas of software design, architecture, and development.
In a world where smart homes are becoming more frequent, and IoT and mobile devices are increasing every day, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and essential part of McAfee's consumer business that protects our customers.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will lead the technical direction, design, and architecture and create scalable mobile solutions. This includes design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms.
- You will be customer obsessed and build products that provide optimal experiences
- You will focus on the McAfee Consumer Mobile product capabilities, to stay competitive in the market place and drive scale during product adoption into different go to market segments.
- You will work with developers, development managers, and product managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development.
- You will work with the development teams to design and develop consumer products. Influence adoption of mobile capabilities, standards, and secure development practices within the mobile team and promote consistency of design and architecture across the team.
- You will work with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry as well
- You will survey new technologies, create proof of concepts, contribute to path finding, and provide vision for product innovation. Experience with mobile industry trends and technology areas.
- You will have 10+ years of software development experience.
- You will have 5+ years of experience building mobile applications on iOS. Design and develop complex applications with rich UI.
- You will have experience building multi-threaded consumer products, and background in full lifecycle of mobile apps including integration with cloud services, development, testing, and deployment (CI/CD).
- You will have a understanding of iOS technology stack and experience complying with Appstore requirements.
- You will have experience in Objective C, Swift. Experience in cross platform technologies like Kotlin
- You will have experience implementing architecture in cloud-based environments such as AWS, Google Cloud
- You will have experience in mobile platform/product evaluation/assessment projects to identify, compare, and contrast feature functionality
- You will have experience building partnerships with parties including Development teams, and Program/Product managers.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.