Technical Marketing Engineer(TME), Endpoint Security and SOCPrimary Location San Jose, California Date posted 10/14/2020
Job Title:Technical Marketing Engineer(TME), Endpoint Security and SOC
US, California, San Jose
McAfee Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) is a technologist who works as a part of the Portfolio Management team to promote McAfee's Endpoint Security and SOC Portfolio. The TME must have understanding of Endpoint security concepts including prevention, EDR, and Security Operations Center (SOC) technologies including SIEM and SOAR. Additionally, the TME will work with a cross-functional team to demonstrate the technical proof points and capabilities of the solutions that McAfee and its partners bring to market. The TME must be a technical expert, both in McAfee products and the IT environments where those products will be deployed. You are able to articulate the technical differentiators of a product and work with Product Management, Competitive Intelligence, and Marketing teams to improve the products / GTM and Sales Enablement to educate the global sales team and channel partners. You will report to Director, Technical Product Marketing and Competitive Intelligence.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Develop proof points to messaging to support endpoint security and SOC initiatives.
- Put together reference architectures, troubleshooting guides, evaluation guides, technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for endpoint security and SOC solutions.
- Build a demonstration environment for endpoint security and SOC solutions.
- Support product launch activities and assist with Tradeshows, Conferences and Technical Sales Training or Channel Partner Training activities.
- Assist sales and marketing efforts. Some travel required(when safe to do so) to support field and marketing activity.
- Respond to customer or field inquiries, assist with Technical RFPs and work with a team of PMs, SEs, Engineers.
- Work with the Competitive Intelligence team for market and competitive analysis.
- Your background includes 6+ years of experience of Technical Marketing, Product Management, or equivalent experience.
- In-depth understanding of endpoint security and knowledge of SOC tools and good general cyber-security knowledge.
- Must have customer and field experience.
- Expert on technical issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation.
- Security certification such as CISSP or CompTIA Security+ is a bonus.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.