Vice President, Consumer Data Engineering, Data Science and AnalyticsPrimary Location United States Date posted 04-Aug-2022
Job Title:Vice President, Consumer Data Engineering, Data Science and Analytics
Role Overview:Reporting to the SVP of Consumer Engineering and Operations, the VP, Data Engineering and Data Science will establish the vision and data strategy for the Consumer division to achieve outstanding capabilities promoting value and success for our customers. As a machine learning expert and partner across McAfee’s Consumer product and technology organization, you will identify strategic opportunities to leverage data will lead the cultural evolution to becoming a data-driven organization. Additionally, you will lead and mentor an outstanding team of scientists, engineers and researchers, applying your data science background and hands-on execution.
About the role:
- As our Data Engineering, Science and Analytics Leader you will collaborate across the Consumer executive team to evolve our strategy, instill a data science mentality to product design and development, plus initiate and debate important strategic topics and guide high-impact decisions.
- You will both lead a team of data scientists, data engineers, and analysts to harvest and synthesize data to help promote business and customer-focused programs, and acquire talent with an expertise in data science and machine learning to increase consumer engagement and conversion during our customer's journey
- Support an organizational effort toward better understanding customer needs and pain points and propose programs for analytics and machine learning to further these understandings.
- You will introduce data best-practices, standards and governance, and help build a data-driven culture throughout the company. Be the expert and evangelize the use of data at all levels of the organization.
- Set the architecture for our data lake and data warehouse ensuring security, functionality, and integration with all core data sources.
- Champion the use of machine learning algorithms to improve and optimize value delivery to our customers through faster A/B testing, personalization as well as driving innovation in new product/feature development.
- Improve data quality through defined data governance, data management and focused data quality remediation programs. Identify and standardize the use and governance of data. Ensure that the Data users and consumers use the data provisioned to them responsibly through data governance and compliance initiatives.
- You will collaborate across departments, working with various team members within the organization in refining their data requirements and analysis for various programs and data consumption requirements. Responsible for proposing appropriate and creative data ingestion, preparation, integration and operationalization techniques in optimally addressing these data requirements.
- You need 15+ years of progressively responsible software engineering and/or data science experience with at least 6+ years leading data strategy for complex SaaS/Web Services-based products and platforms.
- Your experiences must include the passion and commitment to leading an organization in delivering value from data platforms and making organizations data oriented
- Your knowledge of and experience with modern data lake infrastructure and technologies is required, as is applying your data science expertise in using data to guide product innovation as well as is essential.
- Experience building platforms and services that operate at scale on the order of 100M+ global customers and billions of requests per day that are highly available. Deep exposure to Disaster Recovery techniques and patterns to ensure high availability and minimize time to recovery.
- Your experiences gained within a multi-disciplined, technical organization will be highly valuable to your success at Mc
- Your history of hiring and mentoring data engineers and data scientists across an organization to embed innovation and promote transformational change will accelerate your success.
- You are inquisitive and current on technology trends and solutions, including public and private cloud computing, security across businesses and devices, business intelligence tools and applications, mobile computing and networking.
- A “team first” mindset and belief in a shared success model
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.For Colorado Residents the starting salary for this position is $1.00