Cloud Software ArchitectPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 02/25/2020
Job Title:Cloud Software Architect
US, California, Santa Clara
Our consumer business group is undergoing a transformation. We are shifting towards using public cloud and we need experienced architects to help us move the monolithic systems to modern cloud-based solutions. As a Cloud Software Architect, you will play an important role on our team and make high-level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- You will report to the Director of Software Engineering and develop cloud services consumed across device form factors from IoT to mobile to PCs and web for our consumer products.
- You will lead research and development of next-generation applications supporting millions of users across security, privacy, identity, transactions and data.
- You will create the complete cloud solution end-to-end, including on public cloud PaaS / Serverless technologies, using required SQL data stores with an understanding of the technologies, the data model and the access patterns. Ensure high scalability, availability, performance and cost optimization.
- You will architect and build big data pipelines for data analytics and Machine Learning applications. Research and identify the right technology stack based on scalability, latency and performance needs.
- You will assess technical feasibility by building rapid PoCs, find technological solutions for gaps, and create strategic IP.
- You will work with User Experience designers and product owners to translate specs into consumer-facing functionality
- You will collaborate with globally distributed engineering teams, product managers, designers, user researchers, team managers, marketing executives, and customers.
- You have experience with full stack development of scalable cloud applications using multiple cloud development stacks.
- You have worked with Amazon AWS and Azure platforms.
- You consider yourself an expert in SQL, no-SQL and big data frameworks such as DynamoDB, MS-SQL, Casandra, Apache spark, S3, Hadoop, and middle-ware like Kafka, SNS/SQS, Flume, MQTT, or Redis.
- You have advanced skills in REST Services based on Serverless FaaS or with C#.NET, Go-Lang, Python and containerization (Docker) with orchestration solutions including EKS/Fargate
- You have worked with best design and software engineering practices – design principles and patterns, unit testing, performance engineering, best practices for security, privacy, identity protection.
- You have experience with Neural Networks, machine learning, deep learning and NLP tools and frameworks is a plus.
- You have experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- You have worked with the full mobile development life cycle Architect leading solutions with a focus on security, performance and scalability.
- Hands-on experience with TDD is a plus.
- Experience with Security, Privacy, Identity, Connected Home, Wearables, IOT is a plus.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.