Cloud Engineer InternPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 02/12/2020
Job Title:Cloud Engineer Intern
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee is seeking a Cloud Engineer Intern based in Santa Clara, CA. This intern will be working with the Consumer Products Business Group and will be working on AWS technology by implementing cloud native solutions. To be successful in this role, the intern should be familiar with designing and implementing serverless application using public cloud and a strong understanding of algorithms. The internship will start May/June and will end after 12 weeks.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role
We are looking for interns with unique and innovative skills, style and point of view. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, or a coder as long as you possess a passion for cybersecurity design
- You will be an active technologist and innovate solutions with the team
- You will architect, design, and implement the software functionality along with a test-driven approach
- You will deliver reliable and maintainable code and actively participate in code reviews
- You will use analytical skills effectively for hands on problem solving.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Security
- Graduating between December 2020 to May 2021
- Ability to learn to use new tools, and quickly become a subject matter expert
- Familiar with AWS technology stack for implementing Cloud native solutions.
- Familiar with different cloud computing models including serverless, containers and container orchestrators
- Familiar with Microsoft .NET Core development and tools stack
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and coding skills (C#/Java/python)
- Academic, professional or personal experience with designing and implementing serverless application using public cloud.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, developing scalable applications, and a passion for problem solving
- Communicating with key stakeholders within the organization to build and deliver product features
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Must be able to commute to Santa Clara, CA. Relocation assistance packages are not provided.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern