Cloud Security ArchitectPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 02/06/2020
Job Title:Cloud Security Architect
US, California, Santa Clara
The cloud security architect will be delivering security solutions for Hybrid Cloud which includes Datacenter and multi-cloud environments. The architect will be working with partners, customers and engineering teams to deliver security solutions that protect compute, network and data storage elements of the hybrid cloud. The Cloud Security Architect will serve as the central point of contact for Enterprise Security for other Technology teams within the organization for all matters related to cloud security.
The successful candidate possesses the excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with other leaders across the business to identify opportunities and risks and develop and deliver solutions that support business strategies.
The cloud architect will report into the Senior Director of Engineering within Enterprise Endpoint and based in Santa Clara, California.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Design and develop security architectures for hybrid and multi-cloud based systems.
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings within VmWare, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and the Microsoft Azure platforms.
- Based on business requirements, design and implement cloud-native architectures and designs that will allow those requirements to be met within the required time frames.
- Acts as the ambassador and senior technical representative for Enterprise Security while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout organization in the design and implementation of hybrid and multi-cloud based implementations and solutions.
- Works with Cloud service providers, customers and Engineering to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitates complete integration into customer environments.
- Identifies, recommends, coordinates, deliver timely knowledge to architectural and Enterprise teams regarding technologies, processes and tools.
- Develops and executes strategies to increase Cloud Security knowledge throughout the enterprise.
- Successful track record with Security Architecture and/or Engineering
- Proven professional experience with Cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform GCP, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, VMware NSX
- Experience architecting solutions within Datacenters (VMWare, Virtualization, VDI), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, VMware NSX
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc) preferred.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Experience working directly with strategic partners and customers, ideally with individuals at various levels of the organization.
- Outside the box thinker. Applies innovation and creativity to provide solutions for complex problems in a time sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Expertise in preparing technical documentation
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.