Cloud Service ArchitectPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 11/08/2019
Job Title:Cloud Service Architect
US, California, Santa Clara
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about software development, has a strong interest in cyber security and data protection, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Cloud Service Architect to help drive the high quality & availability of our consumer mobile cloud services. This role will report an Engineering Director within the Consumer Mobile Team.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Proven technical skills and track record with .NET platform, C#, WCF services, Service oriented Architecture (SOA), Object Oriented Programming, automated unit testing, basic networking and web protocols (HTTPS/SAML/SOAP)
- Must have worked with large-scale high performance web backend
- Strong understanding of MS SQL Server, large scale databases and performance turning and stored procedure development
- Strong understanding of Windows server OS/IIS/Web Farm deployments
- Familiarity with Java\HTML5, Team Foundation Server plus
- Comfortable in working with Agile development methodologies (SCRUM)
- Should be able to come up with solution based on high-level architecture requirements.
- Own the design and drive implementation
- Demonstrate ability to work with Development, Project Management and Peers
- Experience working in a cross functional team that is well integrated with Development
- Ability to pick up new technical skills and apply them immediately
- New to Santa Clara or relocating? we will support you with our newly developed employee onboarding tool to ensure you and your family feel like locals in no time!
- Proven professional experience and a successful track record
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, excited about challenges
- Very strong cross-functional communication, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Able to work with off-shore and remote teams
- Ability to get things done by working proactively and a good team player
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, and ability to resolve conflicts and make sound decisions
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.