Cloud Solutions ArchitectPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 07/21/2020
Job Title:Cloud Solutions Architect
US, California, Santa Clara
The Cloud Solutions Architect will work with Enterprise Cloud Architects and project teams to build scalable, available and maintainable solution architecture. The Architect will be an expert on Cloud-Native best-practices and a mentor to application developers. You will partner with other teams across the organization to create application road-maps and build cost-effective Cloud solutions.
You will report to the Director of Engineering and will be based in Santa Clara, California.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- As a member of ‘Cloud Center of Excellence’ team you will lead the design and development of PaaS solutions.
- Work with enterprise architects, project teams, functional and technical analysts to design solution architecture that meets operational requirements and is scalable, easily maintained, secure and available.
- Present potential technical solutions and advise the business on the benefits of the proposition with appropriate trade-offs.
- Architect cloud native solutions using cloud-native best practices (e.g. serverless and microservices).
- Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions.
- Create application road-maps across complex structures.
- Lead and provide solution architecture reviews through architecture solution life-cycle deliverables.
- Provide deep software knowledge to application developers for the cloud architecture, design patterns, and programming languages.
- Advise application developers on Cloud-Native best practices
- Successful track record in the IT industry as a Cloud Solutions Architect, including experience of full stack development of scalable cloud applications using different cloud development stacks.
- Expert in REST Services based on Serverless FaaS or with C#.NET, Golang, Node.js, or Java.
- Expert in SQL, no-SQL and big data frameworks: DynamoDB, MS-SQL, Casandra, MongoDB, Apache spark, S3, Hadoop, and middleware like Kafka, SNS/SQS, Flume, MQTT, or Redis
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as GCP, Azure and VMware NSX . AWS platform is preferred.
- Experience with microservices and serverless architecture.
- Proficiency in building scalabe and available SaaS solutions supporting millions of Customers.
- Passionate about Open Source and new technologies and willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant.
- Mentor colleagues and looks for opportunities for continuous improvement
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.