Director, Corporate Development Deal LeadPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 02/06/2020
Job Title:Director, Corporate Development Deal Lead
US, California, Santa Clara
The Director, Corporate Development will lead cross functional deal teams in evaluating and quarterbacking end-to-end deal execution. You will be the “Deal Lead” for all elements of the M&A process, including closely engaging with senior leaders across McAfee and functions and other stakeholders and participants both internally and externally. You will be a central leader in driving a key area of strategic growth for us.
Reporting into the SVP of Strategy and Corporate Development, the Deal Lead will partner closely with the C-Suite, executive leaders and our lead investor in exploring business expansion strategies and opportunities then developing and presenting business cases in support of acquisition. You will be responsible for leading diligence and preparing and presenting anlyses for acquisition targets to support the business case. You will communicate with external parties, including senior management and investors from acquisition candidates. You will develop deal structures, negotiate terms, plan integration and collaborate with business and functional leaders to integrate the business.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Lead cross functional deal teams in evaluating and executing strategic transactions.
- Collaborate with executive leadership, other stakeholders and our lead investor developing M&A strategy, identifying and evaluating potential acquisition candidates, and drive influence throughout the company
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the security market, McAfee’s strategy and landscape of security vendors, startups and venture investors
- Apply rigorous financial and valuation analysis to assess acquisition opportunities, develop in-depth business cases, highlighting strategic rationale, sources of value, synergies, and financial models aligned to acquisition targets. .
- Prepare and deliver business cases presentations and models to business unit leaders and executives Lead due diligence in partnership with cross functional stake holders
- Lead the negotiation process on key terms and completion of legal agreements
- This role has high-level of visibility inside and outside the company, including frequent C-level interaction
- Accomplished, measurable 8+ years of technology, preferably software, M&A experiences gained in Corporate Development, Private Equity or Investment Banking with a strong track record of leading successfully completed deals
- Deep proficiency and passion in evaluating and executing deals with responsibilities and accountability aligned to all stages of the deal processes coupled with an insatiable passion for learning about new and emerging companies and technologies within cybersecurity
- Impeccable managerial presence and exceptional interpersonal communications skills enabling you to collaborate and be influential at all levels, combined with being comfortable providing strategic and tactical advice to executive leadership
- An analytical acumen and ability to translate strategic objectives into action plans
- A quantifiable background and desire to lead an active, global cross functional deal team which regularly engages with broad groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to both lead and support is important – individual must be able to lead end-to-end deals, while being ready and comfortable to “roll up their sleeves” to develop business cases and financial models in support of acquisition opportunities
- Strong project and process management skills to lead end to end efforts and drive to outcomes
A “team first” mindset and belief in a shared success model
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.