Cyber Security SIEM Consultant – Remote Field BasedPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 04/02/2020
Job Title:Cyber Security SIEM Consultant – Remote Field Based
RLUSA - Remote United States of America - USA
You will provide hands-on and remote excellent software security architecture, code development, installation and configuration of our McAfee SIEM product. You have a broad knowledge of modern security terminology and controls and can directly map and address complex security requirements (GDPR, COBIT, PCI-DSS, FISMA, ITIL) to McAfee’s security products.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
Candidates with similar SIEM / Log Analysis technologies experience including ArcSight, LogRhythm, QRadar, Splunk, RSA enVision, Fortinet, NetIQ, Trustwave or other SIEM platforms and a background in security application architecture (or pre-sales/sales engineering/training experience in these areas) are encouraged to apply.
About the Role:
You will provide onsite and remote security application/endpoint protection designs, implementations and training for several customers allowing us to accomplish our objective.
- You will report to a Senior Manager of Professional Services
- Identify gaps in application and endpoint security architecture and help us recommend strategies using a combination of industry-standard security best practices, software controls and other necessary changes to promote a higher level of information security practices
- You will write formal engagement reports, architecture designs, optimization guides and best-practice white papers covering a variety of security topics
- Participate in conference calls, onsite meetings and round-tables with customers, sales, internal product development and support to gather data, scope new and existing work, evaluate or suggest new product features and help resolve existing product issues
- Recognize and create potential product and consulting services sales leads and necessary
- You will illustrate and explain use cases for implementation of SIEM alarms, watchlists, reporting and correlations of data from and covering multiple data sources
- Dissect and explain the contents of TCP, UDP, ICMP, SSL and other commonly used protocols at a packet level
- Configure logging functionality within application and operating systems, using API, WMI, Syslog or flat file generation
- Design, implement and optimize applications within a virtualized environment
- You have experience within an Information Security consulting, analysis or management role where SIEMs/SEMs and other log analysis technologies were principal technologies actively used, with experience implementing McAfee SIEM highly desirable. A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Information Security, Computer Science or other ICT disciplines
- You have experience two or more security or vendor certifications (e.g. Cisco, Checkpoint, SANS, ISACA, ISC2, VMWare, and McAfee)
- Any experience with McAfee essential technologies for Endpoint or Network Security
- You have experience working in a NOC/SOC environment
- You have experience with UEBAs, SOARs, EDRs and analytical security tools
- You can operate Microsoft Office, including Visio and Project
- Willing to Travel
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.