Designer, Design SystemPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 10/02/2019
Job Title:Designer, Design System
US, California, Santa Clara
Do you want to transform the cybersecurity space through beautiful, intuitive and engaging experiences at scale? At McAfee, as part of the Customer Experience Design, we are focusing on bringing experience design as the core of every solution delivery that can touch our customers, employees, partners and channels. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven designers. If you'd like to lead this journey, this is your chance to make an impact. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Design System team.
As a Designer in Design System team, you will play a pivotal role in this transformation by crafting and leading the delivery of best-in-class experiences for a variety of initiatives within our early stage Design system. The work you do at McAfee will positively influence the lives of millions of consumers around the globe every single day.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role
We want to have a fully dedicated designer that can work primarily on our Design System to:.
- Contribute to the experience design, visual style, and development of our design system
- Inventory and gather current design patterns and consolidate them to one single system
- Connect with design, product, and engineering teams to establish UI pattern usage and best practice
- Work with other designers and developers to create scalable UI components.
- Collaborate across design and engineering to align teams and educate on our system’s best practices
- Provide documentation accompanying design guidelines which articulate user needs and scenarios.
- Rapidly iterate on designs amongst engineering and design constraints
- Produce of assets and components, and manage components repository
- Participate in design critique by sharing and receiving constructive feedback
- Proven professional design experience
- A strong portfolio of product design work illustrating delightful interfaces and interactions
- Extensive experience designing compelling and quality UI and visual design
- A passion for system design, and deep knowledge of platform specific best-practices
- Deep knowledge of modern, emerging web UI patterns and design tools
- Prior experience working within a technical environment is desired
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices is desired
- Mastery of standard design tools (Figma, Sketch, Principle, Adobe CS, and Invision)
- Early adopter who enjoys staying current on technology, design, and industry trends
- Comfortable working with virtual teams across multiple time zones and geographies
- Excellent written, communication, and storytelling skills
- Prior experience working on design system is a big plus
- “Full stack designer” or “designer who can code” is a big plus
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.