DevOps Engineer Intern (Cloud)Primary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 12/23/2019
Job Title:DevOps Engineer Intern (Cloud)
US, California, Santa Clara
The Development Operations Engineer Intern will be based at our Santa Clara, CA location. This intern will be working hands-on in AWS cloud projects that includes coding in python and cloud formation, testing and deploying quality assurance before production and working with the team to improve their process. This is a summer internship starting May/June and will last 10-12 weeks long.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer Intern who will be responsible for improving and maintaining a software development, test and live infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, articulate, have experience with operating systems and is comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment. Your primary mission as a DevOps Engineer Intern is working closely with the development, technical operations, quality assurance, and product management teams, to ensure the timely delivery of robust technical solutions for McAfee customers and internal teams. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, or a coder as long as you possess a passion for cybersecurity design.
- Coding using Python and AWS cloud formation
- Working with our team on projects that has automation and performance tuning
- Participating in testing and deploying QA before production
- Improving site performance, monitoring and overall stability of our infrastructure
- Ability to learn to use new tools, and quickly become a subject matter expert
- Reflexively use SCM, check in your code, configurations, documentation and recipes
- Improving processes and products lines
- Communicating with key stakeholders within the organization to build and deliver product features
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Security. Graduating AFTER September 2020
- Working knowledge of Linux or any operating systems from class projects or internships
- Experience with using Python from class projects or internships
- Practiced testing in class projects
- Working knowledge in AWS or Microsoft Azure, or any cloud application is preferred
- Basic understanding of automation using Cloud Formation or Terraform is preferred
- Familiar with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Glu is preferred.
Knowledge of nix command line, *nix power tools (e.g. find, make, sed, awk, xargs) preferred
- Knowledge of enterprise monitoring and resource tracking systems (e.g. Nagios, Munin, Zabbix, Ganglia) preferred
- Familiarly with Debian/Ubuntu, CentOS and/or Free/OpenBSD preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restrictions (visa) now or in the future.
- Able to commute to Santa Clara, CA. Relocation assistance packages are not provided.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern