Director, Marketing Technology & Platform Product ManagementPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 11/07/2019
Job Title:Director, Marketing Technology & Platform Product Management
US, California, Santa Clara
This opportunity is focused on enabling growth, enhance go-to-market agility, and provide personalized protection and security services through Marketing technologies, platforms, and tools. Key elements of this strategy include developing even greater organizational effectiveness, efficiency and the ability to scale. He/She is responsible for build vs. buy optimization across the technology stack and operational execution for McAfee’s consumer business, including managing a team of Product Managers. The ideal candidate will have deep expertise in B2C marketing, marketing and ecommerce processes and technologies, product management, and performance measurement.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Drive product strategy, roadmap, and execution of marketing technologies and business platforms, including: audience segmentation, CRM, CMS, data analytics, in-product messaging, email marketing, subscription management, SKU management, marketing enablement, tools training, and reporting.
- Define and execute a hybrid build/buy strategy to centralize McAfee consumer platform stack to deliver a curated, personalized protection service to millions of consumers
- Leverage data and analytics to improve customer experience, innovation, and go-to-market processes
- Transform and modernize the way teams define and manage the customer engagement journey to drive business performance with greater speed & agility
- Drive seamless and increased customer engagement in complex omnichannel customer journeys
- Develop a centralized MarTech & Platform stack to serve as a durable, scalable competitive advantage
- Build an operational environment for accelerated brand development, channel optimization, and new business model incubation
- Lead and mentor a global team of Product Managers and empower them to lead and optimize your collective vision of McAfee’s business platforms
- Partner with Engineering leaders on enabling and operationalizing the marketing technology vision
- Collaborate with the performance marketing teams on OEM, Retail, and direct acquisition strategies, campaign and microsite development, site optimizations and redesigns, website tag management, web analytics, and social media platform management
- Oversee the production of emails, landing pages, web forms, in-product messages and next generation communication
- Maintain data within marketing systems with an eye towards growth, contact and account enrichment, data governance, and quality, as well as vigilant attention to data security and compliance with company policies and governmental regulations such as GDPR
- Drive marketing performance measurement via dashboards, scorecards, and reports with executive-level reporting of KPIs, as well as detailed, campaign-level metrics
- Manage vendors within the marketing tech stack and negotiate contracts and renewals in collaboration with Legal, Finance, and Sourcing teams
- Work with McAfee IT and Security teams to administer marketing systems within the McAfee technology environment
- Partner with Marketing team for planning, budgeting, and goal setting
- Lead through influence, often without direct authority, persuading through use of data and facts; demonstrate gravitas; inspire and motivate others
- Leveraging seasoned product, technical, and marketing experience, you have deeply demonstrated B2C expertise within the high tech sector focused on driving change in complex, high-growth organizations requiring a combination of strategic vision and pragmatic execution.
- Your product background in marketing technology and business platforms has revolved around ecommerce customer engagement systems, operational execution, analytics, ecommerce processes and technologies, and performance measurement.
- Track record of success in building and leading marketing technology and automation, Web/CRM/email operations, business and customer analytics and segmentation teams
- Strong intellectual capital paired with equally strong emotional intelligence and “servant leadership”
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex change efforts and to drive results through influence, persuasion and relationships
- Assesses quickly with a track record of getting up to speed and adding immediate value to new situations
- Exceptional ability and comfort to co-create and work collectively with various business and technical leaders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize, conceptually interpret and clearly communicate material developed collaboratively via the input of multiple parties
- Ability to uplevel and simplify communications of complex business systems to each respective cross-functional audience
- The ideal person is self-motivated, results oriented, passion about program development and management and is strategically adept
- High integrity, excellent judgement — you’ll have access to sensitive information and must treat it appropriately
- Highly collaborative — you recognize the value of bringing people along
- Intellectual curiosity — you're eager to learn new concepts; you're willing to admit you don’t know certain things, will ask for help, roll up your sleeves, and learn
- Self-aware — you aren't complacent when it comes to personal growth; you’re receptive to feedback and eager to grow despite your seniority
- Sense of ownership — you have a mentality of “the buck stops with me” and always ask “what did I contribute to this situation?”
- Low ego — you shouldn’t be prone to thinking that a job is too small
- Brave, adaptable, calm under pressure — you’re unafraid to operate in high-pressure, chaotic situation
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.