Director, Product DesignPrimary Location San Jose, California Date posted 07/14/2020
Job Title:Director, Product Design
US, California, Santa Clara
As Director, Product Design you will lead a team of passionate designers creating the next generation of consumer security experiences. You will shape the design team’s creative direction, coaching designers, and resourcing their time so they can do their best work. We’re looking for someone who loves teaching people how to combine user empathy and data to create experiences customers love to use.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- As the Director of Product Design, you will report to the VP, Product Experience
- Lead Product Design for our consumer product team by helping and empowering your team to ship exceptional user experiences
- Work as a strategic partner with design leadership to establish the strategy and direction for the group
- Develop baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (Research, Design, Content) and deep domain expertise in consumer security
- Grow a culture of designing and shipping with speed, consistency, and quality. We look to rebuild our culture
- Lead your teams in an evolving environment while supporting team members in their development
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process
- Experience leading teams of teams in a diverse design and research environment.
- Experience leading and growing managers and other leaders
- Deep experience driving and applying user-centered design processes across a design, content strategy, and research while working with teams including development, and product management
- A deep empathy for users and a desire to learn as much as possible about who, what, where and how they use McAfee Security products
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.