Director, Program ManagementPrimary Location San Jose, California Date posted 09/18/2020
Job Title:Director, Program Management
US, California, San Jose
The Director, Program Management is an essential part of our team supporting our Consumer Organization to ensure operational delivery for important programs and initiatives. You will report to the VP, Engineering.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Provide program management direction and oversight for services and platforms that power McAfee Consumer’s products & services.
- Lead and program manage cloud migration projects for important business platforms. Responsibilities include successful transition to public cloud infrastructure with a structured operational governance, execution, metrics, risk/issue management and ongoing exec visibility and tracking of progress.
- Program Management leadership & direction for development and deployment of platforms that power McAfee’s security products & services.
- Work with teams (R&D, PM, PPM, PMM, Partner) to establish program and project plans, success criteria and integrated work-schedules.
- Oversee end-to-end execution across multiple parallel programs, including risk management, issue/conflict resolution and dependency management.
- Track progress against established baseline goals, and manage communication to partners, executive leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Manage risks and communication across multiple programs to Executive leadership. Partner with team members to improve resolution.
- Build an outstanding Program Management function to promote efficiency, business success and customer delight.
- Build and mentor a team of program managers to achieve success for the BU.
- First hand experience transitioning legacy platforms to public cloud (AWS preferred) – with familiarity with different models of transition, cost/benefit analysis and oversight of execution.
- Experience with SaaS/PaaS delivery models and associated governance/oversight requirements.
- Experience leading program management function for platform-centric development programs.
- Successful track record leading Program Management teams driving technical and business programs.
- Experience collaborating across multiple functions to achieve desired goals.
- Proven ability to resolve conflicts and issues working with cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable and enjoys working in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in different tools and methodologies to organize, manage, track progress and report.
- Experience leading PMO office in technology organizations is a plus.
- Experience in security domain is preferred.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.