Director, Technical Education Content / CurriculumPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 12/03/2019
Job Title:Director, Technical Education Content / Curriculum
US, California, Santa Clara
The Director of Content Strategy and Development oversees design and development of training courses and organizational development interventions required to support Enterprise Education Services’ mandate to provide technical training resources for customers, partners, and employees. This position is responsible for the strategic and tactical management of the curriculum design and development and leads a team of instructional designers and content producers. Interfaces with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present project needs. Establishes and recommends changes to policies which effect subordinate organization. This position is a People Manager and reports to Senior Director, Education Services.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
The Director drives the activities to plan for and produce content to support global learning activities in multiple languages and for diverse audiences. The position is responsible for injecting innovation and creativity in the development process in order to drive efficiency and improved customer experience. The role has an emphasis on scaling the content development process to make use of subject matter experts across McAfee and external sources, while providing assurance of high quality, engaging, and accurate material for distribution on multiple channels. To be successful, the Director interacts with Product Development, Pre and Post-Sales teams as well as all functions of the Customer Success organization to understand content needs and identify experts. The position focuses on prioritizing content for largest impact on the P/L of the CSG business as well as the overall customer health through free learning services.
The Director engages at all levels of management across McAfee to ensure alignment with customer and business goals. This position leads and manages a team of instructional designers and supporting resources including localization management, video production, quality assurance, curation management and curriculum strategy. The successful candidate has demonstrated success in a similar role, ideally with a technology company, and has a proven track record of building and driving successful learning and enablement businesses. The leader plays a key role in assuring McAfee is offering effective and impactful learning solutions the drive key customer success metrics including usage and growth leveraging industry standards and benchmarks.
- Manage the curriculum, courseware, and lab design and development for enterprise product areas across all phases of the development cycle, for all types of audiences (internal, partner, and customer), and for all delivery types.
- Manage instructional design, curriculum architecture, technical writing, slide content development, graphics design/development, multimedia demo/simulation development, technical lab development, and development within standard publishing and eLearning tools and systems.
- Direct a team of Curriculum Development professionals, product portfolio managers, and technical publications staff - manage large projects, set priorities with measurable objectives, monitor and report on the process, progress and results.
- Cultivate a high-performing team of instructional designers and other content development resources
- Provide innovation and insights to drive greater operational efficiency as well as improved customer experience
- Work closely with curriculum developers and managers to establish, maintain, and evolve instructional design, curriculum development and editorial standards. Ability to adapt and respond to the changing needs of customers and stakeholders and seek out, pilot, and implement new curriculum and lab development tools, processes and strategies.
- Engage with stakeholders across McAfee to identify, prioritize, and communicate content development needs. Define program roadmap, release schedules, project plans, and resource plans to support customer requirements.
- Ensure support for global learning services needs by establishing a localization program and engaging with regional resources to deliver needed content
- Scale content development through use of curation and harnessing subject matter experts across McAfee and partner ecosystem
- Provide operational and executive reporting on outcomes and ROI at regular intervals for multiple leadership and stakeholder levels.
- Strong leadership skills, experience developing and driving a business plan
- Experience with content management, digital asset management. document management, knowledge management, Content localization, CRM and search solutions is a plus Ability to lead initiatives that cross lines of business
- Data driven, with experience developing and using data and analytics to drive the business
- Articulate with a strong ability to communicate the business charter and goals
- Experience working and navigating matrixed environments to drive achievement and business objectives
- Influencing skills, with a proven track record of influencing at all levels, from individual contributors (i.e., System Administrators) to leaders (i.e., Executive Sponsors) to achieve results
- Strong leadership, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills Must be highly collaborative and able to work across different teams and different levels.
- Strong talent development experience. Ability to mentor and coach individuals to maximize performance
- A track record of working remotely and managing distributed teams
- Advanced organizational and operational skills
- Strong project management, team leadership, and communication skills required.
- Expertise in instructional content development, publishing, presentation development, technical writing, multimedia and eLearning development, graphics design/development, curriculum design, and instructional assessment development required, in order to manage, guide, and motivate curriculum developers in these areas.
- Senior level of experience in curriculum development, curriculum management, or curriculum architecture experience
- Strong understanding of the curriculum development process (across multiple delivery media) as well as the education business – especially in supporting large customer facing global, for-profit training business.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.