Enterprise Cloud ArchitectPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 07/24/2020
Job Title:Enterprise Cloud Architect
US, California, Santa Clara
The Enterprise Cloud Architect will lead the development of Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Services. The Architect will coordinate with Engineering Leaders, Product Owners and Business Relationship Managers to incorporate the voice of the Customer. The Architect will be the primary contact for other Technology teams within the organization for all matters related to building and optimizing Cloud Infrastructure and Services. You are required to partner with other leaders across the business to identify opportunities and risks and develop\deliver solutions that support business strategies.
You will report to the Director of Engineering and will be based in Santa Clara, California.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- As a member of ‘Cloud Center Of Excellence’ team lead the development of IaaS solutions.
- Determine and oversee Cloud governance and compliance procedures.
- Establish architectural standards that promote DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, and automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Participate in early life deployments. Curate cloud reference architecture
- Design solution-independent architecture models that map business services to cloud application stacks.
- Manage and update architecture models as needs evolve and additional cloud services become available.
- Participate in optimizing solution architectures to manage costs and identify cost control mechanisms.
- Assist application solution architects design scalable, available, secure application solutions that use cloud services.
- Use cost/benefit models with mapping architecture to results and KPIs.
- Coordinate with Product Owners and Business Relationship Managers to incorporate the voice of the customer
- Maintain technical vendor relationship.
- Participate in business case development and validation (for enterprise level business cloud products/projects).
- Successful track record in the IT industry as an Enterprise Architect, including experience overseeing Data Center Operations.
- Experience coding in scripting languages, Python, Ruby or JSON.
- Expert in architecting IaaS solutions in AWS.
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as GCP, Azure and VMware NSX . AWS platform is preferred.
- Experience with Containers and Container orchestration solutions: Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, or Docker Swarm.
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation)
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Proficiency in building scalabe and available SaaS solutions supporting millions of Customers.
- Passionate about Open Source and new technologies and willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Expertise in preparing technical documentation
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.